[COMPLETE] The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leontes Act 3 PL ok. Oh I see he his quite crest-fallen and contrite already when Paulina gives him her two-cents-worth once more. Maybe I did push it a bit. Talk about hitting a man who is already down. ("safest way to hit" as Pratchett's Corporal Nobby Nobbs would say :mrgreen: )

btw this was Scene 2, so your file was wrongly named, but it's ok, I put it in the right slot in the MW. No harm done.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Leontes Act 5 also PL ok (both scenes). Very well acted out Tony. In the end I liked him much more. He saw the errors of his ways LOL

Autolycus will have to wait till after dinner. I'm hungry now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: Autolycus 4.3. is hilarious ! He's such a con-man. Poor Tomas who will be fooled by him as Clown (aptly named, I guess :roll: )

did you invent the tunes are they from the play ?

PL ok, but the editor for this one will curse, you really leave no editing space at some places. I am not sure if we can cut out all the parts exactly, so we might need to fiddle quite a bit, or, worst-case-scenario, you need to re-speak a line or two. But we deal with that once we're in the editing phase.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

in Autolycus 4.4. you would need to record a missing sentence:

> at about 6:30: I am a poor fellow, sir. - this is said twice, could you maybe record it once again, to make it sound different from the second following right after it ?

the rest is fine. Concerning our song...you do not give us too much tune to go along, I think any funny melody will fit there. But I'll see what I come up with.

Tomas: I plan on making Mopsa's voice VERY silly (trust me, like I've never done before). I hope you don't make the Clown too serious, or else nobody will believe that he would fall for such a peasant-klutz LOL

Craig: I hope you can make Dorcas just as silly LOL

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and finally Autolycus Act 5 is again PL ok. Hmm seems he is a bit more contrite in the end, or maybe he is only sorry that he did not get the reward. :mrgreen:

I also updated the Dramatis Personae so far. I included as many from Craig as I could use.

Craig there are a few voice credits you need to re-record, to use the right wording from Gutenberg:

ANTIGONUS, Sicilian Lord, read by C.F.
POLIXENES, King of Bohemia, read by C.F.
Gaoler (yes again LOL), read by C.F.
Stage Directions, read by C.F.

all the others I have included already, they were fine.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_0_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

Sonia
adonis

Post by adonis »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes thanks ! now we have two versions. (I didn't believe him in either :mrgreen: )

PL ok now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

righto...my final role has been recorded. My mouth hurts from speaking in such a giggly, high pitched voice. Once again I can't understand why some women think it may be attractive to men to sound like nitwits.... :hmm: or is it ? As I'm not a man I probably couldn't understand.

here's Mopsa:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_mopsa_4_4.mp3
Recording time: 1:38 min.

Tony, I used your tune for some of my lines as well.

Craig here are all the lines of the song assembled, with gaps to fill your parts in. You can try out, which tune fits best :) Doesn't have to sound like Lloyd-Webber ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale-song.mp3

and again, the voice credits have been updated:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_0_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

this concludes all my work here, I will now concentrate on PLing the rest that comes in

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Sonia, I have good news: 99% of your files are PL OK! :mrgreen: Only Paulina in 5.1 is not working for me. :help: Maybe it didn't upload properly, or the filename was incorrectly inputted?

Fabulous performances all around. Your Paulina is exactly how I pictured her to be: stern and fearsome. And your Mopsa made me laugh---such a far cry from the demure, gentle Perdita. :lol: And the way you edited your Time was great and very effective.

Excellent job! :clap: :clap:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Only Paulina in 5.1 is not working for me. :help: Maybe it didn't upload properly, or the filename was incorrectly inputted?
ok I re-uploaded, maybe it works this time ? :hmm:
Fabulous performances all around. Your Paulina is exactly how I pictured her to be: stern and fearsome. And your Mopsa made me laugh---such a far cry from the demure, gentle Perdita. :lol: And the way you edited your Time was great and very effective.
thank you Tomas :9: I'm happy to hear that. I don't like playing the Mopsas of this world at all. I always suspected I had a dislike to such characters and refrained from claiming them, but now that I actually played one of them, I KNOW I never want to claim them again LOL

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Paulina 5.1 now works, and is PL OK, as well! :)

You're all done recording for this one, Sonia! :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Paulina 5.1 now works, and is PL OK, as well! :)
You're all done recording for this one, Sonia! :thumbs:
yay thanks !!! I just listened to one part of Paulina and then immediately Mopsa...one wouldn't think it's the same person LOL there difference in IQ between those two is in the double-digits LOL

Sonia
adonis

Post by adonis »

All PLing done by the look of it. OK.

T.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

indeed LOL I got out of breath just by listening to your over-excited servant :lol: Not much happening in their necks of the wood, so Autolycus must really be the highlight of his year.

I loved the raspy voice of the mariner extremely. :thumbs:

The first lady....well she is in a way a bit scary again (not quite titanic but still). You could have given her the high voice you managed with the servant when he said "get away from me sir" LOL which of course might have sounded creepy as well :mrgreen:

All PL ok, but could you give me a full voice credit for the servant please: Servant to the Old Shepherd

thanks !
I'll go look at your proof listening now.
yes Tomas had a marathon session yesterday :)

Sonia