[COMPLETE] The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:Guys, for the record: Craig now said Paul-ee-na, not Paul-eye-na. I am totally ok with that, since anyway it's the more normal pronunciation. Could we all agree on this ?
Totally fine by me (especially after poor Craig had to adapt to what seems like a totally foreign pronunciation of Hermione to him :lol: ). Just gotta keep Perdita in mind now, as to keep the iambic pentameter intact, emphasis must be on the first syllable.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

good news, I have just finished my final outstanding claim, so I'm all freed up to start recording Winter's Tale. Craig, you will not be alone for long in the MW. :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

:clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well I started small with a minor character. I gave Archidamus a very deep voice (for my abilities) and hope I could give him a bit of a Slavic slur in his voice. :? Since he only appears in the first scene, I was able to press my voice for that long LOL

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_archidamus_1_1.mp3
Recording time: 1:51 min.

Craig, if you have time, you could maybe PL the parts I'm handing in. :)

If all is ok, we only need Tomas' Camillo and then we can assemble the first scene already.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi
Will do, later today.
Cheers
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi Sonia

Sounds great!

I only picked up the following and don't think it is significant or worth bothering to change, but I mention it in case it was a test. :D

> at 1:34 You read, "Would else they be content to die", script reads, "Would they else be content to die"

I'll try and mark it PL OK

Cheers

Nope!!....I don't have permission to enter the BC admin. :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:I only picked up the following and don't think it is significant or worth bothering to change, but I mention it in case it was a test. :D
:shock: no it definitely wasn't a test. I know some people may love to do that, but I would never insert a deliberate mistake just to test somebody.
> at 1:34 You read, "Would else they be content to die", script reads, "Would they else be content to die"
actually the lines sound smoother the way I read them, but I will change it. Thanks for mentioning it
no unfortunately we are not allowed to have more than 2 people meddling in the MW I think. I'll mark it for you.

Sonia
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Kitty wrote:
no unfortunately we are not allowed to have more than 2 people meddling in the MW I think. I'll mark it for you.

Sonia
There are 3 at the moment: Woltedscribe, Adonis, & Kitty. The 4th slot is only available to MC's.

David O
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

dlolso21 wrote:
There are 3 at the moment: Woltedscribe, Adonis, & Kitty. The 4th slot is only available to MC's.

David O
That' a relief, I could cause chaos in there! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craig, here is some further PL work for you :)

I correct Archidamus, and I started on Hermione. Decided to make her a mix between royal grandeur and subtly flirty when needed to get her ways with Polixenes. Hope that was fine.

Guys, I had a bit of a hard time correctly emphasizing the following lines as I was a bit unsure what Shakespeare meant here:

> at 0:58-1:04:
yet, good deed, Leontes,
I love thee not a jar of the clock behind
What lady she her lord.
I finally decided she means something like: I let you stay longer in Bohemia, although I love you no less that Polixenes' wife him. By that sentence insinuating that Polixenes might stay on longer without his wife being angry. :hmm: Still I'm not sure I said it with correct stresses. Maybe any of you Winter Tale experts could have a listen and tell me if I could improve on it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_archidamus_1_1.mp3
Recording time: 1:50 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_hermione_1_2.mp3
Recording time: 4:11 min.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi Sonia

Both PL OK

"I love thee not a jar of the clock behind
What lady she her lord."

I read that as - "I love thee not a tick of the clock behind how the lady loves her lord" or "I love you nearly as much as I love my husband"

That doesn't mean I have it right of course.

Your reading sounds really good!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:I read that as - "I love thee not a tick of the clock behind how the lady loves her lord" or "I love you nearly as much as I love my husband"
hm yes but before she mentions Leontes who is her husband, so why would she say that to him ? :hmm: Somewhere my logic went wrong I guess.

Well, if you think I did not sound too much as if I didn't know what I was saying, then it's all right :mrgreen: Shakespeare sometimes has this puzzling effect on me.

Working on Hermione 2 now, soon ready.

BTW as a useful suggestion: I would copy/paste the voice credits in one separate "Dramatis Personae" file immediately as they come in. It saves us a lot of re-downloading later on when we assemble the play. As you are the narrator, you could already prepare that file. Say: "Dramatis Personae of The Winter's Tale, by William Shakespeare. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org." Then copy the voice credits in the order of the list you see in the Gutenberg text. So far you will only have your own few and two of mine, but the gaps will be filled with each new file we are handing in.

I see we got our section 0. Thanks David :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig, I'll check them out right away.

Meanwhile a bit more Hermione...pregnant, but off to gaol.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_hermione_2_1.mp3
Recording time: 2:57 min.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi

Lovely reading again. The only thing I picked up was -

0:51 > You say "Come on then, and give't in mine ears." text reads "and give't me in mine ear."

again I don't think it is significant or changes in any way the meaning.

Cheers