[COMPLETE] The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adonis wrote:Craig sounds like Dominic West, which is a kind of compliment, I suppose.
:hmm: who's Dominic West ?

Thanks for PLing those two bits Tony :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adonis wrote:Song in 4:4 was aweful also PL OK.
I suppose you really meant awe-ful, not awful :mrgreen:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Tomas !! Great. They are all PL ok.

you made your Mamilius sound sooooo young and boyishly innocent. The giggles were very effective there. Makes us all weep to know he will die so soon :cry:

Emilia on the other hand sounds a bit more like an older woman. I didn't expect that, but it's a great idea. Before I saw her as young companion, now I see her more as the old and wise midwife, with a wimpled headgear. 8-)

As for the crier...I was expecting a huge yell and turned the volume down to spare my bunny the shock. But you made him quite dignified, one who knows will be listened to. The only thing missing is thumping on the floor with a huge staff :mrgreen:

This means, Scene 2.2. is ready to be edited :9: Craig, would you like to try your hand at this ?
Now, of course, my major roles remain. I will do my very best to have them trickle in over the course of the next week.
don't stress yourself over this project. If there are more pressing matters, we can wait till after you come back.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_2_2.mp3 4:05

Not sure about file names. Hope it's OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_2_2.mp3 4:05
Not sure about file names. Hope it's OK.
8-) Craig, you were much faster than expected. Didn't you mention this weekend ?

Don't worry about the file-names, these parts get deleted anyway in the end after they are assembled into the entire Act. The way you named the scene is perfect.

Also the parts are all well copy/pasted in and I like the spacing you did in-between. Only at one place I reduced the space a bit, as it sounded a bit long to me.

I have a couple of notes though:

> at 0:01: right at the beginning, I wonder whether we need to say "Act 2 scene 2". I think since all the scenes get assembled into the the Act 2 file, we need to say "Act" only at the beginning, and could start here with "Scene 2".
Tomas, isn't that how we did with the other play ? I think we can cut out "Act 2"

> at 3:25: "Madam, if 't please the queen to send the babe" - I only hear "Adam". Could it be you cut off the initial 'm' of the word ? :hmm: Maybe you could re-do that one sentence ?

> at 3:46: "nor guilty of, If any be, the trespass of the queen" - I noticed I forgot the word "be" :oops: so I quickly re-did that part of the sentence. Goes to show again how good it is to listen to it over and over again :mrgreen:

I re-uploaded with my corrected sentence, so if you correct your stuff, please download the new link first and work on that one !

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_2_2.mp3
Recording time: 4:04 min.

excellent job all in all :clap: thank you so much !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yes, if I recall, we only mentioned the act at the beginning of the file. There was no need to repeat it with every scene, as it would be too redundant.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Yes, if I recall, we only mentioned the act at the beginning of the file. There was no need to repeat it with every scene, as it would be too redundant.
yes, thought so too 8-)

ok Craig, so Act 2 can be cut out as well.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Got it.
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_2_2.mp3 4:03

I think this is now OK and sounds pretty good to me.

Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_2_2.mp3 4:03
I think this is now OK and sounds pretty good to me.
I agree it sounds great :thumbs: and now I also hear the full "madam" LOL

Scene 2.2. PL ok. Thanks Craig

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Two more characters done!
Tomas is back in the saddle :D

Everything wonderfully acted out :thumbs:

Cleomenes: PL ok.
You made him very soft-spoken which is quite fitting since he is on Hermione’s side at the beginning. In Act 5 though he shows a bit of a sycophantic streak. :mrgreen:

First Lord: PL ok.
I absolutely loved that voice ! I only hope for your sake it wasn’t so "breathlessly breezy" because you still had a cold. :help: I know it isn’t good for the vocal chords to articulate this specific way, but I also like to do it myself. Well done !!!

This means, 4 Scenes are ready to be assembled. Would each of you please take charge of one, so none of us have too much to do ? :?

Please write in the thread which Scene you would like to edit, so the work will not get done double.

The following are ready:

> Act 2, Scene 1
> Act 2, Scene 3
> Act 3, Scene 1
> Act 3, Scene 2 (I volunteer for this one as it’s the one with the largest cast)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I will volunteer to do Act 2, Scene 1. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:I will volunteer to do Act 2, Scene 1. :)
thanks Tomas ! I'll mark it in the MW (although, you could do that as well LOL)

congrats to 1111 posts 8-)

Sonia