COMPLETE [Nonficti]The Romance of Polar Exploration by G.F. Scott-ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 17 PL note: One little thing - at the end you say "end of Chapter 13" instead of 17.
All the rest ok and well read. :)
Cheryl
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you cheryl!
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 17 is chapter 13. I mentioned both numbers in the intro. Some of the chapters span more than section. How would you like me to deal with such situations?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

the intro should begin with the section number, and then just before the text have the chapter/part. the outro only gets the section. this way, our blind listeners can follow along more easily :) thank you!
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I do it the following way:
"Section 18 of The Romance of Polar Exploration. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"The Romance of Polar Exploration, by G. Firth Scott. [CHAPTER I4 Voyages of the Erebus and Terror]"

"End of Section 18"
Seems to me, that's what you want, Caroline?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Yes, that looks correct :)
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks for confirming that. I did make a mistake in the previus section though . It should have been "section 16", not 17. I'll fix and re-upload tomorrow. Can you please, clear this faulty section out of your folder? I don't want to mess things up, when I upload the actual section 17.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

When you upload the newest version it automatically replaces the previous version. Just make sure the file name is correct and we should be fine :) thank you!
Carolin
MSwanson

Post by MSwanson »

I can read for this one! Do the ones that say "Open" still need readers? Sorry, I'm new!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

Yes, all books in readers wanted are open to readers :)

Best complete your one minute test before getting started though, to be sure the technical side of your recordings is all in order and to become more familiar with the forum :) thank you!
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The fixed section 16 and the section 17. Both with the exact same duration of 16:10 (which actually weirded me out to the point that I stopped the upload thinking something is wrong :mrgreen: More mess for you to clean out from your folder, Caroline. Sorry about that :roll: )

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/polarexploration_16_scott_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/polarexploration_17_scott_128kb.mp3

EDIT: I'd like to claim sections 19 and 20, please.

Also, how unfortunate it is that this book was published just two years before Amundsen reached the South Pole. Robert Scott is missing for the same reason.

EDIT 2: I've just weirded myself out again a minute ago. Instead of hitting "edit" to add to the previous post, I clicked "pm" and send a message to myself :mrgreen:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Seeins as no one else claimed section 19 I went on and recorded it. Duration 7:49.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/polarexploration_19_scott_128kb.mp3
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
DrPoe

Post by DrPoe »

Hi there,
I'm new to Librivox and would be interested in reading section 5. Could I be listed as Dr. Poe? Thanks so much.

Best,
dp
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 16, 17 and 19 PL OK
:D Cheryls