COMPLETE[PLAY]Physician In Spite of Himself by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:Here is Sganarelle
ah our protagonist has come in ! Great Jason, thanks :D all in all, superbly acted out. I can see it all unfold on stage LOL
The initial fighting scene with Martine will be absolutely hilarious ! both of you are quite worked up here :thumbs: Todd needs to take care some of your quips will get assembled quite fast together so it becomes a fast-paced exchange of expletives.

In act 2, your latin discourse is absolutely cool. You sound exactly like a man who goes to lengths to make people believe he actually understands a word he is saying :mrgreen:

And at the sentence: "It is the physician's duty to see the breasts of the nurse" I almost choked on my drink while listening to it LOL How could you say that without giggling ?

Act 3 is immediately PL ok

I only have two notes for the other acts:

Act 1:

> at about 5:47: (p. 265 middle) "La La La" - this is also done previously behind the stage, maybe you want to add another version to use ? :hmm: Otherwise Todd can use the exact same line twice, but then it would sound exactly the same. Your decision.

Act 2:

> at about 4:33: (p. 277 top): missing sentences: "Well what is the matter ? What ails you ? what is it you feel ?"

Great job !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Act 1:
> at about 5:47: (p. 265 middle) "La La La" - this is also done previously behind the stage, maybe you want to add another version to use ? :hmm: Otherwise Todd can use the exact same line twice, but then it would sound exactly the same. Your decision.
An effect that can be very effective for lines that are said off-stage is to put your hand loosely over your mouth to make it sound a bit muffled. Particularly if there is the same line off-stage and then a repeat on-stage.

I look forward to hearing Sganarelle!

Thanks, Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I will fix both of these tonight (CST). It's pouring rain right now and I can't get the same sound.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:I will fix both of these tonight (CST). It's pouring rain right now and I can't get the same sound.
I could picture Sganarelle hacking wood and singing in the rain :mrgreen:

no sure...better wait till the rain abates. I hope it's not your rainy season right now :help: and for once we have a really sunny and warm day today.

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Here are the reposts

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_sganarelle_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_sganarelle_2.mp3

For the La La La, I did several of them, covering my mouth some, covering the mic, mic at a distance, covered mic at a distance. There are 4 +1 that was there, the 4 add ins are from 5:48 - 6:03
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:For the La La La, I did several of them, covering my mouth some, covering the mic, mic at a distance, covered mic at a distance. There are 4 +1 that was there, the 4 add ins are from 5:48 - 6:03
excellent, we are spoilt for choice here :) I personally think the very first version conveys the off-stage vibe most. But I let Todd (editor-extraordinaire) decide .

Sganarelle totally PL ok now

this means: Act 1 has all the cast in and is ready to be finalized :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I can finalize all of Act 1 except the cast list since we still have two parts unclaimed.

This'll be next after Dandy Dick. Or maybe even reading some of my own claims!

Thanks, Todd
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

May I claim Perrin?
~~Owen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

OwenCook wrote:May I claim Perrin?
~~Owen
hurray, thank you Owen :D

this leaves only one more role left to claim !!!!

Sonia
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Here is Perrin:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_perrin_3.mp3
:-)

We all need a piece of cheese sometimes!
~~Owen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

OwenCook wrote:Here is Perrin:
:shock: already done !!! ok I will have a listen to this subito. Stay tuned.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right Owen, your Perrin is a real strapping country lad. So that's what Kiwis sound like, ey ? :mrgreen: I am looking forward to hearing Chris and you in a father/son tandem. Well done and nothing missing, so PL ok.

Oh only one thing, I let the noise-cleaner run over it once and re-uploaded. The background whirr hurt my ears a bit so I cleaned it before listened. Saves you (and Todd) the time to do it.

Thanks again for jumping in and the quick turnaround. (20 minutes from claiming to PL ok, that's fast)

Holler if you're up for more :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have cut in the new parts to the drafts of the acts. Once we get a Leandre I will finish off grooming the acts to be ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
aravagarwal

Post by aravagarwal »

I would like to play the role of Leandre in acts 2 and 3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

aravagarwal wrote:I would like to play the role of Leandre in acts 2 and 3
Wonderful. I can't update the MW until I am home, but you have it. Enjoy.

And now we are full!

Thanks, Todd