COMPLETE[PLAY]Physician In Spite of Himself by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: I had a right good chuckle during this entire scene, Alan. The slapstic of the beating of Sganarelle must have been the hoot during Molière's times (cheap jokes, really). Again you excellently voiced your character and gave him a life and personality :thumbs: Well done, also no errors or missed lines.

Only one thing:

> at 8:11-8:17: You are not a physician ? - repeated twice, is there one version you prefer or should Todd choose ?

I'll mark it PL ok already, but if you want to cut out one of the lines, you can still re-upload once more.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Thanks Sonia

Re: You are not a physician?
I mistook Lucas's identical line just after as another one of Valere's. I will correct it when I do act 2.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote:Re: You are not a physician?
I mistook Lucas's identical line just after as another one of Valere's. I will correct it when I do act 2.
oh ok, makes sense. Well, I leave it at PL ok, and you can reupload again and let me know when you changed it, so I check quickly once again

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

So, I know playing Alan's foster-father is rather strange casting, but I think I pulled it off. :mrgreen: Really fun role, Lucas was, and though I know I have older claims than this, I only had enough time to do a supporting character right now. Later, though, I'll start one of my leads. :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_lucas_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_lucas_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_lucas_3.mp3
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Sganarelle for me please! I especially like how he is fighting with his wife from the get go! So realistic, at least in my own personal experience...
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:I especially like how he is fighting with his wife from the get go! So realistic, at least in my own personal experience...
:shock: been beaten much ?

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Only verbally
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:Only verbally
ok then :mrgreen: well here you can prepare yourself for the physical bits in the later scenes

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:So, I know playing Alan's foster-father is rather strange casting, but I think I pulled it off. :mrgreen: Really fun role, Lucas was
:lol: yes thank you Tomas, I see you gave your best to sound as old as possible. At some places I thought you did not have any teeth anymore, since you had such a mumbling voice. LOL I especially love the scene where you display your jealousy for Sganarelle. :thumbs:

All well acted out and nothing missing. PL ok

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jasonb wrote:Sganarelle for me please! I especially like how he is fighting with his wife from the get go! So realistic, at least in my own personal experience...
I keep finding myself playing opposite you, Jason! Are you following me? :wink:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks. I can't put them into the MW until tonight.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

jasonb wrote:Sganarelle for me please! I especially like how he is fighting with his wife from the get go! So realistic, at least in my own personal experience...
Terrific - your volunteering, not your getting beat up.... I can't post this into the MW until later today.

Thanks, Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

mightyfelix wrote:
I keep finding myself playing opposite you, Jason! Are you following me? :wink:
The way I find a lot of my reads and roles is by opening other readers' reader pages that I have read with and seeing what they are working on. This may or may not have been the case here as I was on a DR hunting streak over the last few days.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada