[COMPLETE]- Phra The Phoenician by Edwin Lester Arnold - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It was part of the maintenence , the folders had to be restored and permissions reset, . There are sure to be a few hiccups on the way. Many of these little bits are not documented

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Phil,

Chapter 8 has one note. At 26.35-26.44, in the last sentence of the middle paragraph on p. 116, I heard repetition: ...not a sound was heard save the drip, drip of the Abbot's malmsey save the drip, drip of the Abbot's malmsey upon the floor...

Your drunk monk was the bee's knees!

I think the maintenance has been having a few hiccups, not unlike the Abbot at table. My email notifications aren't working, but at some point normal service ought to resume. At least it's easier to check the thread for updates than to figure out where we were like when it crashed last year!
Newgatenovelist

One note for section 10: the outro omits 'end of chapter 9'.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Parts 8, 9, 10 corrected and re-uploaded. Glad you liked the drunk monk!
Newgatenovelist

Sections 8, 9 and 10 are PL OK!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phra_11_arnold.mp3 - 43:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phra_12_arnold.mp3 - 24:00

Parts 11 & 12 ready for PL. There is an error at around 6.00 in Part 11, but I don't have my microphone to correct it. I'll let you discover it - you'll like it!
Newgatenovelist

You're right, that's good. I'll never look at my workbox in the same way again!

Part 12 is PL OK.

For part 11:

6.16-6.21. P. 136, last paragraph, second sentence: Here some cross-legged sewers who sat on the sill among shreds of hundred-coloured stuffs...

36.46-36.50. P. 148, second paragraph: ...all prattling that merry medley they called their native English [heard British]...
This one is probably more my own thing in real life creeping into the PLing, and trying to explain the difference when I hear 'English' being used to mean Scottish, Welsh, Irish or British. Don't alter it if you don't want, but I thought I'd best flag it.

More bloopers, please! Mine are usually just me tripping over my own tongue.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Hi Ann & Erin,

A belated Merry Xmas to both of you!

I am away from home for a few weeks and recorded several chapters of Phra to edit while I am away. Unfortunately I left my laptop at home...

Fortunately, I do have a recorder that I can use, so I have started recording Child Christopher (Wm. Morris), which is the next in the Newcastle series. It will probably be finished before Phra as it is quite short. Are you both okay to join me on that? I'll set it up later today.

All the best

Phil
Newgatenovelist

Hi Phil,

You don't even need to ask with more Morris. I'll swing by the launch pad later and check in.

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse to be sans laptop, but I hope your time in a new place is enjoyable.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

I thought you'd say that! Thanks! It's set up now.

I am just down the coast from Sydney and working (sharing my wife's laptop) apart from the holidays. Just far away enough to resist the temptation to drive back and get it :)
Newgatenovelist wrote:Hi Phil,

You don't even need to ask with more Morris. I'll swing by the launch pad later and check in.

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse to be sans laptop, but I hope your time in a new place is enjoyable.
Newgatenovelist

Ahhh, I did wonder if you would be using a hand-held recorder, or punch and roll on a tablet, or what. A purloined laptop!

Sometimes it's harder not to record/edit, isn't it? Once it's in your system it's tough to stop. When I couldn't record earlier this year I tried to explain why it wasn't a break and I'd rather be behind the mic, but I just got a bunch of blank looks.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Part 11, Corrected and uploaded
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

And Part 13 / Chapter 12 ready for PL. A little knightly cross-dressing ahead!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phra_13_arnold.mp3 - 26:11
Newgatenovelist

Chapters 10 and 12 are PL OK. Oddly, this was one of the bits I remembered from reading this novel years ago. Phra isn't the brightest light on the porch, is he?

Childe Christopher: I'm really, really sorry you lost the files. Not the book per se - it's been unrecorded until now and it can wait a little bit longer - but all that effort. I'm unbelievably sloppy in so many things, but one of the things I do whenever I've finished an extended prose recording is to upload it immediately to my Sync account. Do you have a bit of space in google drive or something similar, and a decent internet connection where you are? I swap out the raw, large chapters for the PL OKed ones as I go along and have enough storage. Sorry, this wasn't meant to preach at you!

Thank your wife for services to Librivox, after you've run off with her pc!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phra_14_arnold.mp3 - 30:45 - Chapter 13 ready for PL!
Newgatenovelist wrote: January 7th, 2018, 10:50 am Phra isn't the brightest light on the porch, is he?
Haha! I am a couple of chapters ahead of this and he still hasn't found out!