[COMPLETE]- Phra The Phoenician by Edwin Lester Arnold - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Wow! That's extraordinary. I really don't understand why Aladore is so much more popular than the others. Unless it is on a school syllabus somewhere, but why would Aladore be on a school syllabus?
annise wrote: April 4th, 2018, 3:53 pm just fyi Aladore now has 79,312 views , about double the October count after about 12 months . :clap:

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

And the last chapter ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phra_25_arnold.mp3 - 27:51

No rush, as it will be a few weeks before I can record the corrections to the last few files.
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Leicester! I liked living there, though that was a while ago. It was also before they found Richard III, so for all I know that's taken over and changed the vibe!

I did a very rough check, and yes, this looks longer than your current highest running time.

Aladore has absolutely earned lots of listeners. It could be a school syllabus, even if only as recommended reading. It could also have been mentioned in a piece published by a newspaper with a lot of readers, or in an interview with a fantasy author. The other possibility that comes to mind might be that there is a society or association for the author, and if your audiobook were mentioned in a newsletter or bulleting that might reach an enthusiastic audience.

Chapter 22 is spot PL OK.

Chapter 23:

2.21-2.29. p. 324, mid-page, self-correction. Retain the second one, as it's closer to the all-knowing pronunciation website!
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/uncial
...with its gorgeous gold and crimson uncials, with its gorgeous gold and crimson uncials...

5.45-5.48. p. 325, bottom half of page, repetition
What were his What were his scrips and scrolls to me?

13.20-13.23. p. 328, mid-page. Pronunciation + omission
...the very shirt of Dejanira [possessed him,] and his impatience...
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/deianira
http://howjsay.com/index.php?word=deianira&x=0&y=0&wid=1920&flash=n
These websites give slightly different pronunciations. Sorry. It was what I could find.

31.53. pp. 334-335, omission
...about the red rusty hilt [of a bladeless sword.] And that soldier's...
Newgatenovelist

Two notes for section 25/chapter 24:

17.02, p. 343, last full paragraph. Omission:
...he joined our hands [and gave us,] in tones of love and gentleness...

24.21, p. 346, first full paragraph. Omission:
...and I have double-locked the door, [and shot the bolts] and pitched the key...

You've been working like a fiend, so if you have any of the Herford lectures for me, send 'em my way!

No rush on the edits, either. I'll be away from my desk at the end of this month and beginning of May, so next month we can reconvene to wake Phra up one last time before his final send off.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Hi Erin, All chapters corrected and ready for spot check. 21-23, 24-25. Phil
Newgatenovelist

Hi Phil,

All outstanding chapters PL OK.

Congrats! It will be greatly appreciated by people with long commutes, too!

I hope you're not too jetlagged.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Erin!

Anne, Could you hold on with the cataloguing, until I post again. I think I can do a better job of the summary.

Phil
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Wiil do :D
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Done! Do have something for the cover? There are no illustrations in the book, but there seem to be quite a few elsewhere on the internet.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I had a fiddle earlier with something I'll polish it up and either use it or try again. Self doubt strikes covermakers and readers

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Phil, I like your new summary, but I'm PLing that, too. In the third line, I think "Hundred Year's War" is generally written as Years'. I'd also add 'the' in front of 'the Illustrated London News' (penultimate sentence), but that's me tinkering because I can't help myself.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done , cover too. Thank you bother , another unique addition to the catalogue, thank you both
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/phra-the-phoenician-by-edwin-lester-arnold

pleasure working with you both

Anne