COMPLETE World's Best Poetry, Vol. 5 (Part II)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

(I did not check the volumes of the files, since anything over 92dB or under 86dB can be fixed during editing)

All of Leanne's files are PL OK. Loved the effect she used for the children and honeysuckles, to make them sound like a chorus of voices. :9:

Jason, everything but 137 and 156 is PL OK. Glad you read the linnets multiple times, in different voices, so we can combine them into a chorus similar to Leanne's. :)

Your PL notes:

- For 137, I heard a mispronunciation of "mainsail." You say "main-sull" when it can be either "main-sail" or "main-sle." "Main-sull" is a bit too wide of the mark.

- For 156, ~1:45 you slightly stumble over the line "And a murmur of happiness" so that it sounds a little like "a mermeer of happiness." At ~2:15, you say "comforts" instead of "confronts," which is a noticeable change in meaning. And at ~2:50 you say "Right now" instead of "Where now."

Altogether, everything was wonderfully read, both of you! 15 and 144 are ready to edit... if Sonia doesn't get to them, I can quickly do them later.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow Tomas, you PLed them all ? Thank you so much. I am still doing my other DPL projects, but thought I would come around to these later on. But you took a burden off my shoulder now

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:wow Tomas, you PLed them all ? Thank you so much. I am still doing my other DPL projects, but thought I would come around to these later on. But you took a burden off my shoulder now
I know very well how many PL duties you have, so I was glad to do them. :mrgreen: It's also a rainy day here, so I had nothing else to do at the moment. Maybe I will edit the two DRs, too.

Speaking of PL'ing, I hope Anthony can do the rest of Part I this week, since that one is all but ready to catalog. It's been almost two months since we finished Home and Friendship; maybe the public is silently waiting for our next entry already, LOL. :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:I know very well how many PL duties you have, so I was glad to do them. :mrgreen: It's also a rainy day here, so I had nothing else to do at the moment. Maybe I will edit the two DRs, too.
thank you, but I also know how many recordings you still have to do, so we are both quite occupied
Speaking of PL'ing, I hope Anthony can do the rest of Part I this week, since that one is all but ready to catalog. It's been almost two months since we finished Home and Friendship; maybe the public is silently waiting for our next entry already, LOL. :lol:
haha yes, our big fanbase you mean ? :mrgreen: I think Anthony is around somewhere, but he probably also has a lot of commitments. Maybe he is working on rota, and our turn will come eventually. I don't think he will have forgotten about them.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I finished my part for the Moss-Rose and the Shell, so these two poems are also edited together and ready for PL. They both sound great in my opinion :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_042_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:31 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_149_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:21 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay thanks Craig !!! you are all so quick this time, I fear Tomas and I will be ones you all have to wait for this time LOL

I'll update the MW and will see whether I can assemble some DRs already...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:I did do a mouse once. Only when I finished did I realise that all the other mice where young children. :(
I think I remember that one !!!! I was DPL there as well. Was it the short dramas for little children ?

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote:
Craigos wrote:I did do a mouse once. Only when I finished did I realise that all the other mice where young children. :(
I think I remember that one !!!! I was DPL there as well. Was it the short dramas for little children ?

Sonia
That sounds about right. It had my children in hysterics.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:That sounds about right. It had my children in hysterics.
:lol: I thought it was funny, you being the older brother to the young'uns in that play. :mrgreen:

I finished the narration for the Palm-tree and this one is ready for PL as well. Your Arabic sing-song is absolutely perfect Craig. It sounds so genuine. :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_008_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:38 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished the Bobolinkon DR as well. Craig and Leanne, your bird impersonations are simply wonderfully hilarious :clap: good thing I listened to them before I did my narration. I'm using a straight voice, so yours will have pride of place, but I'm imitating the same excited tone in my recording. I think it is a great mix together !

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_065_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:16 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the last one that was just waiting for my voice to be assembled. Another venture into nautical terms, I hope I pronounced all well, I think it wasn't too difficult terms here. So, what's this lead heaving all about ? Is it to check the depth of the water so as not to crash on rocks ? :hmm:

And Craig, your cries sound really as if you were outside in a gale. I felt a slight spray on my face while I was assembling this :mrgreen: It's a good effect. How did you do it ? Further away from the microphone ?

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_126_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:48 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I see another is ready for editing, so here is All's Well :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/worldsbestpoetryvolume5_2_128_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:26 min.

Sonia