[COMP]Abraham Lincoln: A History Vol 7-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote:I finished recording and editing Chapter 13 today. I'm not sure I would have volunteered for Chapter 13 if I had realized that it would run for more than an hour and thirty-four minutes. In any case, as I usually do, I had the Checker app check it and it came back "FAILED" for the sole reason that it runs more than 60 minutes. I have no idea whether Checker also checked for volume or anything else. So I am sending it
along here and I am sure you will let me know what, if anything, I need to do at this point. It may well need correcting in other ways.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory7_13_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3 88.28 KB Time: 1:34:09

The reason this one failed is because of the length, if Checker didn't say anything else was wrong then the other stuff is fine. We need sections to be no longer than 70 minutes, because a CD can only hold 79 minutes (and some people still download to CD). Could you split this one for me? I had posted in the second post of the thread that I was afraid that some chapters would end up too long, and I was right but there is no way that I have found to check word counts with scans. I can make another section in the MW, that's not a problem. What I would like for you to do is to split it at a point that makes sense, and in the intro, say, "Chapter 13 part 1," for the first, then, "Chapter 13 part 2," for the second part. And the outro should say "End of Chapter 13 part #," for each one.

And, I will PM the readers below yours to let them know that their section numbers have changed.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Ok, yes I find that I can do that. Stand by.
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 13, Part 1. In the file name, as you will see, I have said 13(1). If you want some other way to designate it as Part 1, let me know and I will change it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory7_13(1)_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3 Time 0:48:18.5
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 13 Part 2. Both parts have been approved by Checker.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory7_13(2)_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3 Time: 0:47:1

Looking at Part 1, it looks strange. Let me know it I need to upload it again.
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

So does Part 2 :hmm:
Russ Bruno
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

It's just the forum software getting confused by the ( 's in the hyperlink. They play fine.
MaryAnn
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

It does look strange, but I can fix it from here, thanks Shasta!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Here is chapter 15 "Maximilian":
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory7_15_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3
Run time is 45:11.

I'm afraid this is a bit of a patchwork, since I broke up the recording into different sessions, then noticed a sentence or two I needed to re-record later on, etc. Hopefully it isn't too jarring.

Next up ... my chapter about Grant's awesome manoeuvres in Mississippi! Huzzah!

Thanks so much, Ann!
~~Owen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OwenCook wrote:Here is chapter 15 "Maximilian":
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory7_15_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3
Run time is 45:11.

I'm afraid this is a bit of a patchwork, since I broke up the recording into different sessions, then noticed a sentence or two I needed to re-record later on, etc. Hopefully it isn't too jarring.

Next up ... my chapter about Grant's awesome manoeuvres in Mississippi! Huzzah!

Thanks so much, Ann!
~~Owen
I'm sure it will be fine! It is so difficult to sound exactly the same when the recording needs to be done in different sessions. Thanks Owen!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

icequeen