COMPLETE[PLAY]Love and a Bottle by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 911
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 12th, 2017, 8:09 pm

I thought all that tal-dal-deral business might've been a corrupted attempt at Cornish numerals on Farquhar's part; though why the fencing master accuses the dancing master of being a "number 5" is beyond me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language_numbers
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 911
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 12th, 2017, 10:51 pm

"no comment :roll: "

Dean Todd, you'll notice that I just rendered your sister Georgiana speechless.

I do hope you're taking notes, old boy. :mrgreen:


Sir Christram
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9164
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 13th, 2017, 1:19 am

SonOfTheExiles wrote:I thought all that tal-dal-deral business might've been a corrupted attempt at Cornish numerals on Farquhar's part; though why the fencing master accuses the dancing master of being a "number 5" is beyond me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language_numbers
the numeral system is quite interesting ! thanks for sharing. All this business with 2-twenty, 3-twenty, I recently heard that the Swedish counting system is just the same. It's a bit like the English used to have 3-score and 10 (for 70). At least they knew how to calculate.

And I am not at all astonished that the Dancing Master is accused of being a pimp :mrgreen: You should maybe revise the effect your personality has on other people you just meet...
SonOfTheExiles wrote:Dean Todd, you'll notice that I just rendered your sister Georgiana speechless.
well, technically speaking "no comment" is already a comment LOL. And I just put some new items on my wedding list: saddle, harness...

wait...I just noticed we're discussing the wrong personas in here.

Sonia

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 911
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 13th, 2017, 1:48 am

No saddle-blanket? :shock: How petit bourgeois. [sniff!] :mrgreen:
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 15th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Trudge Act One Ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_1.mp3

Duration 2:27
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9164
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 15th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Ealswythe wrote:Trudge Act One Ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_1.mp3
Duration 2:27
:D
this is the first time I get to PL you in your dramatic qualities :9: WOW Linda, this is excellent !!!! The accent you're putting on and you sound really sooo, how shall I say ? life has trodden you down :mrgreen: Wonderful acting. Please claim in all the plays I'm DPLing (I know, I'm shamelessly touting my projects here)

I loved the cuddles and kisses at the end :thumbs: only....they are not the end ;)

> you forgot one sentence on page 23 "and would it ask it's godfather's blessing ? Indeed Mr Lovewell, I think the child knows you."

also while you're at it, we need a voice credit at the beginning: "Trudge, Whore to Roebuck, read by Linda..."

thanks so much for taking part here !!! looking forward to the next acts

Sonia

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 15th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Trudge Act 4 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_4.mp3

Duration 1:23
:D

Note: I added a little gasp at the end (in response to Mock's comment about my garter). In editing, you can either use it or delete it, as you wish.
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 15th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:Trudge Act One Ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_1.mp3
Duration 2:27
:D
this is the first time I get to PL you in your dramatic qualities :9: WOW Linda, this is excellent !!!! The accent you're putting on and you sound really sooo, how shall I say ? life has trodden you down :mrgreen: Wonderful acting. Please claim in all the plays I'm DPLing (I know, I'm shamelessly touting my projects here)

I loved the cuddles and kisses at the end :thumbs: only....they are not the end ;)

> you forgot one sentence on page 23 "and would it ask it's godfather's blessing ? Indeed Mr Lovewell, I think the child knows you."

also while you're at it, we need a voice credit at the beginning: "Trudge, Whore to Roebuck, read by Linda..."

thanks so much for taking part here !!! looking forward to the next acts

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! I will add those parts that you noted here, and send the file again. You will receive it in less than 15 minutes.

I'll wait for you to PL my Act 4, but I think I also need to add the credits at the start. I might need to add something else, if you specify anything. Please let me know, and I will send you that corrected file, as well!
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9164
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 15th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Ealswythe wrote:Trudge Act 4 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_4.mp3
Duration 1:23
:D
Note: I added a little gasp at the end (in response to Mock's comment about my garter). In editing, you can either use it or delete it, as you wish.
:D
garter-gasping is absolutely a MUST :mrgreen: well done again, no errors found this time. Hearing the accent you put on, one would not think you're from California :thumbs: sooo great, I wish I could talk like that.

Since there are no errors, I'll mark this one PL ok. We actually only need the voice credit once, to include in our Dramatis Personae. So if you give me avalid voice credit either in Act 1 or 5, that's fine. :)

Sonia

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 15th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 15th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:Trudge Act 4 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_trudge_4.mp3
Duration 1:23
:D
Note: I added a little gasp at the end (in response to Mock's comment about my garter). In editing, you can either use it or delete it, as you wish.
:D
garter-gasping is absolutely a MUST :mrgreen: well done again, no errors found this time. Hearing the accent you put on, one would not think you're from California :thumbs: sooo great, I wish I could talk like that.

Since there are no errors, I'll mark this one PL ok. We actually only need the voice credit once, to include in our Dramatis Personae. So if you give me avalid voice credit either in Act 1 or 5, that's fine. :)

Sonia
Hahahaha! When I was enrolled as a student at Oxford University, England, I spoke in the British accent all the time. Not this whorish, low class, gutter Cockney accent that I'm giving Trudge... a very high class, standard accent. They all thought I was British.
:D
The credits are included in Act One, so I guess that will take care of it for credits. I'll work on the last act later.
Thank you, Sonia!
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9164
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 15th, 2017, 4:00 pm

Ealswythe wrote:Hahahaha! When I was enrolled as a student at Oxford University, England, I spoke in the British accent all the time. Not this whorish, low class, gutter Cockney accent that I'm giving Trudge... a very high class, standard accent. They all thought I was British.
oh wow you were at Oxford ! How cool is that ? Of course there you would be immersed in that kind of accent LOL
The credits are included in Act One, so I guess that will take care of it for credits.
yes thank you, this is perfect, and the added sentence as well :thumbs: Act 1 is PL ok
I'll work on the last act later.
but I'll go to bed now LOL I'll PL it tomorrow then

good night

Sonia

OwenCook
Posts: 106
Joined: June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Post by OwenCook » August 15th, 2017, 9:32 pm

I'd like to claim Porter in Act IV, if I might. A character of unusual discernment and keenness of perception.
~~Owen

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9164
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 16th, 2017, 1:16 am

OwenCook wrote:I'd like to claim Porter in Act IV, if I might. A character of unusual discernment and keenness of perception.
~~Owen
all right, if you think you can fit that profile :mrgreen: I'll sign you up. I'm deputy BC for a few days until Todd comes back.

Sonia

Ealswythe
Posts: 658
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 16th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Hello Sonia, Deputy BC for a few days until Todd comes back,
Could you please double check the volume on my Act 1 file? Before I upload, I always run it through the "Checker", and the first file I sent you passed, as they always do. The second file I sent you, after the editing, said "Passed with warnings" on the Checker. If something got messed up during editing, (as it did when I was just finishing my first file of Edgar Allan Poe's "Le Corbeau", when everything got corrupted) I can just re-record the whole file. If everything is OK, we can just leave it as it is.
:D

I listened to your poem on Poemes 009, and gave it PL OK. I don't know if you saw that.
:D Nicely read, with great emotion!
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Post Reply