(COMPLETE)The Conquest of Bread by Peter Kropotkin - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

16 PL OK.
00:18-00:25 silence should be shorten to no more than 4-5s.
file ends abruptly in mid-sentence at 34:35.
AudibleAnarchist

Post by AudibleAnarchist »

Corrected chapter 17 is uploading right now, there must have been some issue with the upload on the previous one, the file was ok.

(EDIT) - Here's chapter 17 : http://uploads.librivox.org/annise/conquestofbread_17_kropotkin_128kb.mp3

Btw, when is the book going to be available to the public (on the website).
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

17 PL OK. Finished!

You should finish filling out the MW while waiting for Anne to compile the book.
AudibleAnarchist

MW?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Magic Window in your first post. A few links are missing and most of the file durations. Click on "BC Admin" at the bottom of the table to open it for editing.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Don't worry , as this is an "outside" reading I'll take in from here. I can't really tell you how long it will take , we are dependant on the work load Archive has , usually some time before 24 hours if everything goes well - time zones come into the deal too .

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK All done. You hadn't answered some of my questions about what you wanted in the summary , accreditation etc. so I went ahead with what I had , Some of it is changeable , just let me know if you find something you would like changed.
If you are thinking of doing more , try and set it up here first - it will save you a lot of fiddling with the files.
However , well done :D Thank you for your contribution and thanks Dave for your PLing
:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/conquest-bread-2-by-peter-kropotkin/

Anne
AudibleAnarchist

annise could we perhaps change the description and the cover picture?

Description: "In 1892, an exiled Prince from Russia named Peter Kropotkin published a book titled The Conquest of Bread. In that text, Kropotkin offers solutions to many of the problems we are facing in the 21st century. From food and job insecurity, to homelessness, to general malaise and depression, many of the problems we face as a society can be addressed if we work together. If you care about solving some of these problems, and you want to have a broader perspective on what is possible, keep listening! (source thebreadbook.org)"

Cover pic: https://i.imgur.com/8iYw1QK.jpg
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll change the summary - but we can't use the cover picture because somone will hold the copyright . Either the artist or the publisher.
Unless it's one of you ? If so you could release it into the PD - but that means anyone will be able to use it anywhere on anything.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just to explain . Because we release all our recordings etc. into the public domain , anything we use has to also be PD . This means anyone can use it and they do. And it is not possible for us to do this unless what we start with is clearly PD . We can't guarantee that someone who uses it will attribute it even to us
So if you write a summary for me that's fine . I can add it
And I agree the cover would be more interesting.
Is the red logo yours ? I could add that to the cover somehow

Anne
AudibleAnarchist

Ok, so I checked, the first image the comic on the top was from a print by some artist. So that's off limits.
Here is one with art from one of our contributors : https://i.imgur.com/KgAempU.jpg

And yes the red logo is ours.