[COMPLETE] Gleanings in Buddha-Fields by L. Hearn - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Cael and welcome to this project!
Section 10 is all yours. There are (obviously) a number of Japanese words and phrases in there, so please check the pronunciation guide that is above the Magic Window. If you have further questions, just let me know!

MaryAnn, umm... I'm not sure :lol: If you listen to the book in one go, would you find it odd to have "end of chapter 4 ... section 6" ?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Availle wrote:MaryAnn, umm... I'm not sure :lol: If you listen to the book in one go, would you find it odd to have "end of chapter 4 ... section 6" ?
Ava,
I guess I wouldn't find it odd, but that's me. It's your project and I'm happy to do it however you would like. To be clear, I have read:

"Section five of Gleanings in Buddha-Fields. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by MaryAnn. Gleanings in Buddha-Fields, by Lafcadio Hearn. Chapter 4, Dust."

Then the chapter,

Then, "end of Chapter 4."

The next section is:

"Section six of Gleanings in Buddha-Fields. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by MaryAnn. Gleanings in Buddha-Fields, by Lafcadio Hearn. Chapter 5, About Faces in Japanese Art."

Then the chapter,

Then, "end of Chapter 5."

Next thing the listener should hear is "Section seven of Gleanings . . ."

Why didn't these authors think ahead and keep their chapters at a reasonable length, so we wouldn't have to split them when recording? No foresight on their part just adds complexity on our side. :wink:

MaryAnn
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay, well... :oops:

MaryAnn, if you absolutely completely and utterly don't mind - would you please change it to section 5/6 please? Just to be consistent...
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks MaryAnn!

There's no rush, we still have a while to go anyway.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Isana

Post by Isana »

MaryAnn, could you please check the most recent files you uploaded for Sections 5 and 6? Their intros are different, but the bodies both seem to be the Section 6 text, About Faces in Japanese Art. Remember that the only things that needed to be changed in the files before these were the outros. No need to touch the intros if you still have those old versions.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sorry about that. They should be right now. I recorded new intros and outros to match the text of the first post. Unfortunately, I was still mixed up about the numbering of my files on Audacity since my original mix up between section numbers and chapter numbers.

MaryAnn
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm so sorry MaryAnn that this is turning into the "project from hell" for you... :roll:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

No problem Ava. I am ready to forswear Japan for a while . . . until I see the next project that interest me, that is. :wink:
MaryAnn
Isana

Post by Isana »

Let's get MaryAnn out of hell! Sections 5 and 6 PL OK! Thank you, MaryAnn! :clap:

I've edited the magic window to display the correct track lengths.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks Isana, I'm sure MaryAnn will be happy to no longer see any fire and brimstone ;-)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

:P
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have uploaded the first chapter about tsunamis - and how they can make people into gods ;-)

I also opened up section 10 again, since the reader hasn't been online in 2 months.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Isana

Post by Isana »

Thank you, Ava. Looking forward to listening to it. I also have not forgotten my sections. Just a busy time right now.
Isana

Post by Isana »

Hi Ava. You said "End of Chapter 1" instead of "End of Section 1."

Everything else is great. A welcome respite listening to it. The accurate description of the tsunami brought back memories.