Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Eva!

I noticed that at the end the final end of book statement "End of Gleaning in Buddha Fields by Lafcadio Hearn" is missing. But let's leave this for now until Isana has PLed the rest of the file.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Availle wrote:Thank you Eva!

I noticed that at the end the final end of book statement "End of Gleaning in Buddha Fields by Lafcadio Hearn" is missing. But let's leave this for now until Isana has PLed the rest of the file.
I will fix it then :thumbs: thank you!
Eva D
annacoel89

Post by annacoel89 »

I believe i downloaded Audacity correctly, have all my settings in place, am practicing Japanese pronunciations as you read and THINK i would like to claim section 11 Nirvana Part 1, if available.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Annastasha and welcome to LibriVox!

It's great that you want to start out here (of course :wink:), but there are a few things we need to do before you plunge into this adventure.

- I believe you when you say you got your audacity all properly set up, but even so, proof is better. :D Please do your 1-Minute test before you start recording here and post it over in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" so we can be sure you get the best out of whatever equipment you have. It's better to try things out with a small test recording than with a big "real" one.

- Speaking of which, the section that you claimed is a rather long one (about 30 minutes complete). Also, I would prefer if somebody could read the whole chapter and not just half of it. If you don't want to commit to the whole chapter, maybe try section 7 "Ningyo no Haka"? It will only be about 10 minutes finished recording without your Japanese pronunciation studies going to waste. :wink: Just let me know.

- In any case, before I sign you up for anything you should choose a catalog name. If you use a name in your recordings "read by memyselfandI" for example, it would be wise to choose this name for the catalog so your fans can find you there. If you just want to use your forum name there, that's fine as well.

Anyway, I hope you'll have fun on here and that there will be many, many recordings of you! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Isana

Post by Isana »

Section 05 and Section 06 have chapter instead of section in the outros. I'll leave you two to discuss it, MaryAnn and Ava.

Otherwise both are PL OK.

I've edited the magic window to reflect the new track lengths for these sections.
Last edited by Isana on July 21st, 2017, 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Isana

Post by Isana »

Section 14 intro is missing "Chapter 11". Also, as Ava said, the outro is missing the end of book statement.
annacoel89

Post by annacoel89 »

I am so not computer savvy and thats sad considering I'm 27 LOL
Im going to try to do the 1 minute test.. I think i can figure out how to paste in the section you suggested. I did use audacity to record me reading for about 10 minutes out of a book I love and have read many times. I wasn't bad.
Thank you for the help! And I don't mind the length. 30 minutes doesn't seem like too long.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Isana wrote:Section 14 intro is missing "Chapter 11". Also, as Ava said, the outro is missing the end of book statement.
#14 for spot PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/gleaningsinbuddhafields_14_hearn_128kb.mp3 8:53
Eva D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Eva! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

annacoel89 wrote:I am so not computer savvy and thats sad considering I'm 27 LOL
Im going to try to do the 1 minute test.. I think i can figure out how to paste in the section you suggested. I did use audacity to record me reading for about 10 minutes out of a book I love and have read many times. I wasn't bad.
Thank you for the help! And I don't mind the length. 30 minutes doesn't seem like too long.
Please do the test as the very first thing! It's not about you being good or bad, it's about your equipment acting up or not. :wink:
You can use the script we have in the link I provided; it's about 30 seconds long and specially designed to find any existing problems with your recording setup.

As for the section: I would still prefer somebody to read the whole chapter instead of just half of it. 30 minutes of finished recording will take you about 1.5 - 2 hours to produce (about 45 minutes to record, 45 minutes to edit out mistakes, exporting, uploading...)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Isana

Post by Isana »

Thank you, Eva! Section 14 is PL OK. :thumbs:
EatMoreCael

Post by EatMoreCael »

Hello all! Cael here. May I volunteer to take section 10? Buddhist Allusion in Japanese Folksong.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Isana wrote:Section 05 and Section 06 have chapter instead of section in the outros. I'll leave you two to discuss it, MaryAnn and Ava.

Otherwise both are PL OK.

I've edited the magic window to reflect the new track lengths for these sections.
Ava,
Do you want me to change these? At the end of Section 5, Chapter 4, I said "end of Chapter 4" rather than "end of Section 5".
MaryAnn