adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good call on that one Sonia.
Ape
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Here is chapter 6 time 13:16
I feel pretty good on this recording. Give it a listen when you have a moment.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:I feel pretty good on this recording.
April ! your "good feeling" has not mistaken you !!!!! This is a wonderful chapter, and almost flawless. I am happy to announce that our weekend-tutoring hour has entirely paid off :thumbs:

The noise-cleaning went like a charm and the volume is bang in the middle with 89.2 dB. Most importantly, no disturbing ups and downs fluctuations in sound or volume.

All in all this is a GREAT chapter recording and editing. And you did this ALL by yourself. Congratulations :birthday: I think this is the turning-point in your LV career, we managed to find the flaws in your editing process and solve the problem. From now on, you can do it all by yourself and your recordings will be excellent. :9: Please make sure you always record and edit in the procedure you did for this chapter, and you will have no more problems.

You can be proud of yourself (I am proud of you, for what it's worth)

However...hehe, you will not get off that lightly. ;) I did find 4 small things that need editing still. But compared to your previous recordings these little edits will not be difficult for you at all.

> at 2:28-2:32: "The truth!" echoed the girl, looking at him with some surprise, though turning just a trifle paler, he thought. "The truth about what?" - there is a repeat part of this sentence, where one can hear people in the background talking. You repeat the entire sentence once again, but forgot to delete the faulty part. Please only cut out from 2:28 to 2:32, then all is ok.

> at 10:26: "possession of which has been held by the family uninterruptedly ever since" - you say "possessed of which". I think it will be ok if you only re-record this small part "possessed of which".

Reminder tip for editing: Make sure you record it on a separate audio file, then noise clean and amplify this small part on its own. Then paste it to the correct slot and listen to the two sentences before and after this part. I predict the volume might be a bit louder than the rest, so then decrease the volume on your new sentence accordingly, so it sounds more fluent.

> at 13:10: "end of chapter 6" - the number 6 is missing

> when you re-upload please make sure you use the correct file-name as stated in the first post:
houseofwhispers_06_lequeux_128kb (you forgot a 'u' in lequeux and "_128kb" at the end)

I'm so insanely happy for you April ! :D

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Stupendous for us!! Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.
April
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I feel pretty good on this recording.
April ! your "good feeling" has not mistaken you !!!!! This is a wonderful chapter, and almost flawless. I am happy to announce that our weekend-tutoring hour has entirely paid off :thumbs:

The noise-cleaning went like a charm and the volume is bang in the middle with 89.2 dB. Most importantly, no disturbing ups and downs fluctuations in sound or volume.

All in all this is a GREAT chapter recording and editing. And you did this ALL by yourself. Congratulations :birthday: I think this is the turning-point in your LV career, we managed to find the flaws in your editing process and solve the problem. From now on, you can do it all by yourself and your recordings will be excellent. :9: Please make sure you always record and edit in the procedure you did for this chapter, and you will have no more problems.

You can be proud of yourself (I am proud of you, for what it's worth)

However...hehe, you will not get off that lightly. ;) I did find 4 small things that need editing still. But compared to your previous recordings these little edits will not be difficult for you at all.

> at 2:28-2:32: "The truth!" echoed the girl, looking at him with some surprise, though turning just a trifle paler, he thought. "The truth about what?" - there is a repeat part of this sentence, where one can hear people in the background talking. You repeat the entire sentence once again, but forgot to delete the faulty part. Please only cut out from 2:28 to 2:32, then all is ok.

> at 10:26: "possession of which has been held by the family uninterruptedly ever since" - you say "possessed of which". I think it will be ok if you only re-record this small part "possessed of which".

Reminder tip for editing: Make sure you record it on a separate audio file, then noise clean and amplify this small part on its own. Then paste it to the correct slot and listen to the two sentences before and after this part. I predict the volume might be a bit louder than the rest, so then decrease the volume on your new sentence accordingly, so it sounds more fluent.

> at 13:10: "end of chapter 6" - the number 6 is missing

> when you re-upload please make sure you use the correct file-name as stated in the first post:
houseofwhispers_06_lequeux_128kb (you forgot a 'u' in lequeux and "_128kb" at the end)

I'm so insanely happy for you April ! :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

April, I just Spot checked chapter 6 and can say again: Wow ! You managed the edit of "possession" to perfection again. The volume level and audio tone of your voice is so perfectly blended in that one doesn't hear a difference in sound. :thumbs: So I guess you have got the knack of editing errors as well now.

The three errors are well edited, so Chapter 6 is PL ok now. Great job :clap:

The file name is also correct now, only you have to remember to copy/paste the NEW file into the MW window as well ;) If you keep the same file-name, the new upload will automatically replace the old one in the MW, but in this case you had a NEW file-name, while in the MW was the file with the OLD file-name (without 128kb). So there you need to manually copy/paste the link in the slot. Remove the old link and copy the new link in, like you do with all the other new files you put in the MW.

I found the mistake and manually changed the file name now, so it's ok for Chapter 6. :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
It certainly pays to be diligent as it seems to be with my recordings.
April
Kitty wrote:April, I just Spot checked chapter 6 and can say again: Wow ! You managed the edit of "possession" to perfection again. The volume level and audio tone of your voice is so perfectly blended in that one doesn't hear a difference in sound. :thumbs: So I guess you have got the knack of editing errors as well now.

The three errors are well edited, so Chapter 6 is PL ok now. Great job :clap:

The file name is also correct now, only you have to remember to copy/paste the NEW file into the MW window as well ;) If you keep the same file-name, the new upload will automatically replace the old one in the MW, but in this case you had a NEW file-name, while in the MW was the file with the OLD file-name (without 128kb). So there you need to manually copy/paste the link in the slot. Remove the old link and copy the new link in, like you do with all the other new files you put in the MW.

I found the mistake and manually changed the file name now, so it's ok for Chapter 6. :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia & Tricia.
Chapter 7 is now posted in the mw. :D

It does amaze me how much simpler recording tends to be with some heart, lots of patience & wonderful people willing to be of assistance when I need it. Thank you!
Yes, there might still be some errors which is okay with me. Humans tend to not be perfect. :wink:
Great day to both of you.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job again April !!! You're so doing it now, girl :thumbs: I found no notable textual errors whatsoever and the chapter was fluently read. Noise and volume all perfect.

I only found a tiny little stumble in one sentence, but it was so easy for me to cut it out myself, that I you need not trouble yourself with it. As this was the only little thing that could be noted, I quickly re-uploaded the chapter myself.

Good job April ! PL ok

btw those two people in the story are really evil...I wonder what dangers they will put our young heroine in.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote:excellent job again April !!! You're so doing it now, girl :thumbs: I found no notable textual errors whatsoever and the chapter was fluently read. Noise and volume all perfect.

I only found a tiny little stumble in one sentence, but it was so easy for me to cut it out myself, that I you need not trouble yourself with it. As this was the only little thing that could be noted, I quickly re-uploaded the chapter myself.

Good job April ! PL ok

btw those two people in the story are really evil...I wonder what dangers they will put our young heroine in.

Sonia
Thank you Sonia,
I agree with those two people in the story line being evil. :wink:
I am compelled to read the next chapter to find out just what those two are up to.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:I am compelled to read the next chapter to find out just what those two are up to.
one should not resist such compulsions :mrgreen: although the book is still long, we might not get to know all the details straight away in the next chapter. That would be too easy :?

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I am compelled to read the next chapter to find out just what those two are up to.
one should not resist such compulsions :mrgreen: although the book is still long, we might not get to know all the details straight away in the next chapter. That would be too easy :?

Sonia,
You are do very wise as that chapter, 8, did not alleviate my quest for more knowledge. :roll:
Shortly, you will know just what I am speaking about.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Chapter 08 is not in the MW, enjoy.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Well DARN IT. I meant to type that it is "now in the MW" and not "not in the mw". :oops:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
This is just so you are aware that I did take notes on the time it took for me to record & edit chapter 8.
It took 37 minutes to record with about 1 1/2 hours to edit.
April
:D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:This is just so you are aware that I did take notes on the time it took for me to record & edit chapter 8.
It took 37 minutes to record with about 1 1/2 hours to edit.
ah yes, thanks for the info. Yes this reminds me of my longer chapters in my solo as well. I think if you use that time, it's enough to make the recording good.

Like Chapter 8, very nicely read again, and I found no significant errors I need to mention :) It can be marked PL ok. :thumbs: You're right, not much has been revealed, other that probably Gabrielle's father is a freemason or some other occult member :mrgreen: Interesting enough.

Sonia