[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Greg, I've had a listen to section 49. Thanks so much. This is not light reading, and the sections are somewhat long for a new reader, but you did very well with it! I do have a list of corrections that need to be made. The easiest way to tackle this is to start at the end and work your way forward. That way, the time stamps do not change, and each problem area will be easier to find.

3:12 "bring them home, with them, to thyself." I hear "myself." (This is a prayer to God, so "thyself" here is God.)
9:58 "by Mr. Wesley's appointment." I hear "Dr. Wesley." (He's referring to John Wesley here, who definitely was never a "Dr." :wink:)
10:37 "Ephesians v, 6." I hear "Ephesians, verse 6." (This v is actually the Roman numeral 5. Today, we'd write this as Ephesians 5:6.)
10:47 "Rode to Bohemia." I hear "Rode to Bonham."
11:14 "I preached in the evening to a solemn people." I hear "sermon people."
12:31 Missing sentence here. "...danger in the way. My soul waits upon God. O that He may lead us..." Bolded sentence was skipped somehow.
13:07 "Saturday, December 4." I hear "Saturday the 24th."
13:25 "Sunday, 12" I hear "Saturday."
21:46 "although he could afford but one bed for three." I hear "for thee."
23:47 "The weather has been cold and uncomfortable." I hear "cold and unfortunately."

It's also best to re-record an entire phrase or sentence to replace the one that is messed up, rather than just recording one word and trying to paste in that one word. That very rarely gives a good result. :)

Remember to post the new run time along with the corrected file.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

OK, I'll work on it.
Thanks
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Oh by the way, on page 484 it's printed Mr Wesley's.
What now?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

gtlldavis wrote: February 16th, 2019, 8:35 am Oh by the way, on page 484 it's printed Mr Wesley's.
What now?
That is correct, it does say Mr. Wesley. During my PL of your file, I heard "Dr. Wesley." It should be Mr.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Got ya, I'm so confused 8-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I hope it's not that my notes were unclear. I tried to follow the format of first typing out what it should have said, then typing what I heard that was different. Please do ask if you have other questions. It's what I'm here for. :)
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Afternoon,

I would like to take the opportunity to read the below sections of this project:

18 April 22-July 21, 1776 Pp. 180-191. End with, "a good time in our prayer-meeting."
19 July 22-October 28, 1776 Pp. 191-201. End with, "my own soul also partook of the blessing."
20 October 29-December 19, 1776 Pp. 201-208. End with, "An extract of the narrative is here subjoined."

I am a rookie reader, but I have read through the above sections and find them captivating. Please list me as C. Whatley. I am expecting to record my section next weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cwhat64071 wrote: February 17th, 2019, 1:56 pm Good Afternoon,

I would like to take the opportunity to read the below sections of this project:

18 April 22-July 21, 1776 Pp. 180-191. End with, "a good time in our prayer-meeting."
19 July 22-October 28, 1776 Pp. 191-201. End with, "my own soul also partook of the blessing."
20 October 29-December 19, 1776 Pp. 201-208. End with, "An extract of the narrative is here subjoined."

I am a rookie reader, but I have read through the above sections and find them captivating. Please list me as C. Whatley. I am expecting to record my section next weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

Chris
Wonderful! Thanks for joining this project. I've assigned you those three sections and created your reader page, which can be found here. Currently, it lists only this project, but as you participate more, you'll see the list grow to eventually include both completed works and in-progress works. :) Have fun, and let me know if any questions come up.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Second try, hope I got everything. Passed checker
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_49_asbury_128kb_3.mp3
the _3 at end was my 3rd try. Hope that is ok. I also added the time span of section as shown in Magic window Title, It seems like some are using and some not.
I'm going out of town in the morning for 3 weeks to visit my 88 year old Dad, hope I won't need to correct anything else until the next section.
Thanks
Greg
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

gtlldavis wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 12:31 am Second try, hope I got everything. Passed checker
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_49_asbury_128kb_3.mp3
the _3 at end was my 3rd try. Hope that is ok. I also added the time span of section as shown in Magic window Title, It seems like some are using and some not.
I'm going out of town in the morning for 3 weeks to visit my 88 year old Dad, hope I won't need to correct anything else until the next section.
Thanks
Greg
Thanks, Greg. Yes, you did correct all of the issues that I had found. Nice job! A couple of things:

What does 22.54 mean? At first, I thought that was the new running time of the section, but from my end, it looks like it is 24:03.

The _3 is actually not ok. We need all of the file names to be exactly correct, or they won't play properly. That's the reason that an example file name is given in the first post, because it's really important to have it correct. I believe Tricia (our MC) will be able to change the file name without your needing to upload again, since you don't have any more corrections to make, but in the future, please stick to exactly what it says in the first post. Don't worry about overwriting the old one if you need to upload a corrected version. The uploader automatically renames the old file so that it's not lost, just in case we still need it.

Enjoy your trip!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll fix the link at cataloging time. Make sure the "listen" link in the MW points to the corrected/current file, and we'll be OK. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Sorry, that was the number after the download 22.54kb. It was late and I made a mistake, it was 24.03.
Thanks
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

gtlldavis wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 8:13 am Sorry, that was the number after the download 22.54kb. It was late and I made a mistake, it was 24.03.
Thanks
Got it. No problem. Just wanted to make sure.
TriciaG wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 8:08 am I'll fix the link at cataloging time. Make sure the "listen" link in the MW points to the corrected/current file, and we'll be OK. :)
Thank you!
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! MW updated.

I suppose I'll have to figure out what to do with section 11 rather soon. I was hoping that I'd be able to correct it myself, since the reader never came back to make corrections, but there are portions missing that need to be added. I was thinking of just recording those bits myself, because I hate to scrap the whole thing. But I'm not really sure how well that will work for this, to be honest.