Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Lovely reading, thank you MaryAnn!

2 and 3 PL ok. :thumbs:
billschaferjr

Post by billschaferjr »

Hi! I would like to read for section 0. Is there a set format for footnotes? I was going to break at the footnote marking with, " a footnote here says...", followed by the footnote, but if there is a preferred method please let me know. Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

billschaferjr wrote:Hi! I would like to read for section 0. Is there a set format for footnotes? I was going to break at the footnote marking with, " a footnote here says...", followed by the footnote, but if there is a preferred method please let me know. Thanks!
Great, welcome aboard! In order to sign you up, I'll need to know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog. We can use your real name, forum name, or any other name or pseudonym you like. We can also link to a personal website it blog if you'd like.

Regarding footnotes, read to the first natural break in the text after the footnote (usually the end of the sentence), then say, "Footnote: [Read the footnote.] End of footnote." Then continue with the main text. Let me know if any other questions arise. I look forward to hearing you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I entered Bill into the reader database for another project, so you can assign him the section, Devorah. When he lets us know what catalog name he wants, I'll edit his database entry. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote:I entered Bill into the reader database for another project, so you can assign him the section, Devorah. When he lets us know what catalog name he wants, I'll edit his database entry. :)
Oh, ok. Thanks, Tricia! :thumbs:
billschaferjr

Post by billschaferjr »

Thanks! You may list me as Bill Schafer. I have no website for narration at this time. I look forward to working with you all!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

billschaferjr wrote:Thanks! You may list me as Bill Schafer. I have no website for narration at this time. I look forward to working with you all!
Great, your claim is entered into the MW (magic window). Thanks again for joining this project!
dravon

Post by dravon »

Hello. Other than the test, this would be my first proposed reading. Could I take section 4?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

dravon wrote:Hello. Other than the test, this would be my first proposed reading. Could I take section 4?
Absolutely, happy to have you! I'll need to know how you'd like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name or a pseudonym. This is also what you'll say in the beginning of your sections: "Read by [whoever]." I can also add a link to a personal website or blog if you like.

EDIT: I just saw that you answered this question on your 1-minute test. Just the first name, then, Sondra?

EDIT AGAIN: And now that I've actually listened to your test, I hear that you used your full name. I love it when I answer my own questions with information that was available the whole time... I'll go ahead and enter you into the reader database and assign you section 4. Let me know if any problems or questions arise.
dravon

Post by dravon »

Uploaded section 4 here: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_04_asbury_128kb.mp3

I broke this into pieces to make editing and recording easier, but my setup is not permanent. While they all sound reasonably good, there is a sound change between some of the tracks. I'm worried that won't be ok. Let me know your thoughts. I'll work on creating a dedicated, permanent sound-station for the future.

Thank you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

dravon wrote:Uploaded section 4 here: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_04_asbury_128kb.mp3

I broke this into pieces to make editing and recording easier, but my setup is not permanent. While they all sound reasonably good, there is a sound change between some of the tracks. I'm worried that won't be ok. Let me know your thoughts. I'll work on creating a dedicated, permanent sound-station for the future.

Thank you.
Thanks, Sondra! What is the running time for this section? You'll need to include this information for every section you submit.

As far as the sound quality being different at different recording times, we all struggle with that from time to time, and especially for longer sections. There are various and sundry tips and tricks we may use to help minimize it, but that's more for your own satisfaction than for any kind of requirement or standard at LibriVox. As long as it's all there and all understandable, without excessive background noise, the intro and "outro" are read correctly, and it's in the right format, we're good!

I will put this in the MW (magic window) and will PL (proof listen) hopefully later on today. I will let you know if I can think of any suggestions for you to help with the sound dynamics, but bear in mind that professional quality is not required for this. :)
dravon

Post by dravon »

Good to know. I feel better about it! The sound changes aren't shocking, but I'd like a bit more consistency.

As for running time, it is: 0:20:29

I'll be sure to remember that for next time. Thanks!