COMPLETE [Children] Seven Autumn Leaves from Fairyland - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great Liz!

When you name the file, the ## should be your section number. Don't worry about changing the name at this point. I'll PL it first.

MaryAnn
bendavis2

Post by bendavis2 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 18th, 2018, 10:01 am Ben,
Little Hans was a lovely story, very well done. I hear a small repeat - could you check it out at 5.37 and adjust as needed? "however there was no help for it now"
Thanks.
MaryAnn
MaryAnn, There was indeed a double. What a great catch. I edited out the double, and the length is now 18:49.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sevenautumnleaves_02_cunningham_128kb.mp3

Ben
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Ben. This is now PL OK.
MaryAnn
lizJns

Post by lizJns »

Hi MaryAnn,
Ugh! Too funny, can’t believe I did that. Let me know if I do need to change it on my end sometime.
Liz
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

It is funny Liz, but not an issue. :) I'm still traveling and haven't had quiet time with my computer to listen, but I'll get to it soon. I can update the file name when I push everything through the cataloging process.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Liz,

Sorry it has taken me so long to PL your section. It was a great story, very well read.

Just two things need your attention.

At the beginning, you have about 5 seconds of silence. It should be .5 to 1 second. So can you cut that down to about a second?

Second, your volume is a bit low. The section measures 83.8 dB, our target is 89 dB, with anything between 87 and 91 dB being acceptable.

You can monitor your own volume with our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker - you will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab. If Checker says the recording is too quiet, you can use Audacity to fix it. Open your file in Audacity, then use CTRP-A to select the entire file. Then use Effect/Amplify and enter "amplification:" of 5.2 (I figured that out as 89 - 83.8 = 5.2) and click OK.

Hope you continue reading a lot more for LV, you have a lovely voice.

MaryAnn
lizJns

Post by lizJns »

Hi MaryAnn,
I hope you had a good trip. I will definitely take care of both those items tomorrow. Thank you for your kind words on my reading.
Liz
lizJns

Post by lizJns »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Liz. That is PL OK and we are off to the catalog!
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/seven-autumn-leaves-from-fairyland-by-e-cunningham/