COMPLETE (Spanish) La Guerra de los Mundos HGWells-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:ok lets go step by step . Here it is chapter 1 of part II
thank you :)

Chapter 1 again excellently narrated. No errors found. :thumbs: I will mark it PL ok.

Although maybe as a small note, the whispering of the vicar is a bit difficult to understand if you listen at a normal volume. It's a great effect to really have a whispering voice, and you can leave it like that, but maybe if you have some whispers in the next chapters, maybe consider making them a little bit louder. Doesn't need much.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Chapter 19 , no whispering this time. See what an irony, the martians have three legs and dont have sex
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:See what an irony, the martians have three legs and dont have sex
LOL well for the moment they only seem interested in destroying everything. They don't have time for that.

I have one small note for chapter 19:

> at 9:47: “se puede suponer con fundamento que en parte…” – you forgot “con fundamento” but I think it doesn’t change the meaning, so I will mark it PL ok already and you can decide if you want to change it

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded secction 20, thanks for your spot in secction 19 but I prefer to let it be as it is.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Uploaded secction 20, thanks for your spot in secction 19 but I prefer to let it be as it is.
yes I thought so ;) that's why I marked it PL ok already.

Section 20 is also PL ok. There was this gruesome scene where a man gets eaten by a Martian :?

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Really Sonia you are the best!!!! Here is chapter 4, i had to rewrite some ilegible parts, I've checked it and i think i did it well, but your word is which counts.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Really Sonia you are the best!!!! Here is chapter 4, i had to rewrite some ilegible parts, I've checked it and i think i did it well, but your word is which counts.
ah, Exit the Priest. :mrgreen: I really loved your performance with his speech here, so torn and having lost his mind completely out of fear. :thumbs: A pity he is already gone.

:thumbs: With the missing words, to me it sounds fine, although I cannot be 100% sure it's all correct, for that I don't know the language enough. But you know it, and I trust you for these few lines.

Only found one small error:

> at 4:20: "locuras eran mis predicaciones" - you say "predicciones" which is not exactly the same thing I think :hmm: but I let you decide that

The rest is fine

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Chapter 5 and then....the final countdown!!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Chapter 5 and then....the final countdown!!!
I already Spot checked Chapter 4 and it's PL ok now. Will do Chapter 5 a bit later on

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I see chapter 6 has also been uploaded. Both chapters 5 & 6 are perfectly PL ok. Now we're almost at the end here. The desolation in this chapter is really scary, to be almost the only person on the planet :? Really apocalyptical.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Chapter 7... the longest one :| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I had to do some corrctions too, I hope wont cause u too much trouble
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

One more chapter. We almost finish Sonia!!! I really liked this book and this project! Thanks for your kind and estimulating work!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Chapter 7... the longest one :| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I had to do some corrctions too, I hope wont cause u too much trouble
:shock: this was really a long chapter. But very interesting, and very scary. The soldier's speech is really reflecting fascistic ideas of the times it was written by Wells. A good social critic he created here. :thumbs:

I only found one single error in the entire section:

> at 18:29: “y las tuberias y las alcantarillas están huecas” – you say “tavernas” - not sure this is the same thing, but I let you check it out

I need a rest now, but will try to PL the other chapter today still. I bet we can finish the book this week :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok the next chapter was much shorter and wonderfully read without any errors :clap: The creepy "U-la" sound was really freaking me out. Not a chapter one should listen to in the dark in bed. :mrgreen:

Chapter 8: PL ok

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, Last chapters, They are short (compare with the last ones) I enjoyed a lot chapter 8 too and I really think it´s the best in its creepy desolation. I liked how Wells manages the images and the sequences of quiet action. After finishing this book, well... make me think that the possibility of the end of the earth nowadays is more like to be in human than in martian's hands. Thanks a lot Sonia, you really are the best DPL i have crossed in the time 've been reading for Librivox and really it's a pleasure your job, your dedication and your observations and comments. Thanks once more time and now I'll let you rest (for some monthes!!!!) Have a nice time!!! Thank you