COMPLETE [fairy tales] The Children's Wonder Book -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all so much! :9:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

benderca wrote:There are many spots in Section 20 in which the scanner picked up the wrong letters. I can guess most of the words, but a couple of the German words and some English words are unclear. Is there any other copy of this book available?
I think you mean the txt version of the text, please do not use it. As you note yourself, it is full of errors. Please instead use the scan itself. When you follow the link in the first post, you get to the main page of the text, and you can click on the book to page through the scan. The ink is faded but readable and it gets better in later chapters. You can also zoom in. Thank you!
Carolin
benderca

Post by benderca »

Carolin wrote: I think you mean the txt version of the text, please do not use it. As you note yourself, it is full of errors. Please instead use the scan itself. When you follow the link in the first post, you get to the main page of the text, and you can click on the book to page through the scan. The ink is faded but readable and it gets better in later chapters. You can also zoom in. Thank you!
Oh, thanks! I didn't notice that! Good thing I'm planning to rerecord my sections... ;)
CariJS

Post by CariJS »

I would love to do 16 (Woods of Warwick) and 27 (The Silver Hen) please.

Is it possible to flip through the pages easier? Or somehow download the scan? It seems to take a long time to find the sections and I'm wondering if I'm missing an easier way?

-Cari
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:

You can look in the table of contents for the page number and then enter the number in the navigation bar, or when you mouse over the edge over the page you can flip ahead. Does that help?
Carolin
CariJS

Post by CariJS »

Carolin wrote:Thank you :thumbs:

You can look in the table of contents for the page number and then enter the number in the navigation bar, or when you mouse over the edge over the page you can flip ahead. Does that help?
Yes! Thanks so much! I found that opening it in "full screen" mode gives more options. Much better :)

I'll get working on my sections ASAP.

-Cari
CariJS

Post by CariJS »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you cari!
Carolin
CariJS

Post by CariJS »

Section 27 is now complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_27_various_128kb.mp3
22:38

Note, CC wanted. I didn't mean to give a voice to the Snow Man, but the first introduction to him had a "hoarse" voice and I added it in almost instinctively. I'm thinking I should re-record those sections without the "voice". Please let me know!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :)
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

CariJS wrote:Section 27 is now complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_27_various_128kb.mp3
22:38

Note, CC wanted. I didn't mean to give a voice to the Snow Man, but the first introduction to him had a "hoarse" voice and I added it in almost instinctively. I'm thinking I should re-record those sections without the "voice". Please let me know!
Hello Cari,

Section 27, PL note
22:15 – Repeat – Then all the scholars cried out with delight….and it was a Merry Christmas Day.

CC comments – all for future recordings. Other than the repeat this one is good to go.
I definitely wouldn’t change the voice. It works well for my ear. Something to realize about voices though is for some reason, more times than not, when we perform a voice we have a tendency to be louder. If your microphone set up allows for it try moving back a couple of inches during the voice lines. Alternately, if your set up doesn’t allow for you to move while recording, you could apply a bit of compression to balance it out. If you use Audacity, here is a video on compression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU

The Checker flagged your recording for a moderate level of background noise. It’s not bad when I listen, so you don’t have to change it for this recording but if you are looking for possible future improvements you might consider checking this method out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVxubRO4gI
linny

Post by linny »

CariJS wrote:Section 16 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_16_various_128kb.mp3 - 6.04
-Cari
PL OK!

Same improvement note for background noise on this one but it's ok the way it is. :thumbs:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Linny -

Where on the Checker does it indicate background noise? I cannot figure out where that option is located....can you please explain how you view background noise for me? You mentioned it also in a thread for a different book....

Many thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

Lmnei wrote:Hi Carolin -

Here is my attempt at my part of Rosetta for the play - let me know what comes next please...

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_rosetta.mp3 The time is 10:33 if you need it.
Hi Lynda,
For consistency with other readers please redo your opening voice credit. It should be "Rosetta, read by [your name]".

5:31 (optional) – Oh, yes, he was. He longed, but he didn’t repine.
Sounds like repline.

5:47 missing lines on p213 –
Rosetta (just too late to stop her). Princess! Princess!
Rosetta Take it now, Princess.

9:08 word change impacting meaning - Don’t you like it? Then we’ll leave off. Where can the prince and princess be? (Gets up.) I must go, but not without wishing them good-by.
Read as and

In the future please do not record the page numbers. These extra lines in your file makes editing more challenging.

Please make sure you leave enough room between lines. You generally did but let me clarify what we consider a line to be. Example: 3:18 Rosetta. I choose a picture of the pleasantest place in the world. (Looks in glass.) My mother’s cottage!
We actually consider this 2 lines. For the final recording, we have to edit in a piece from the narrator “(Looks in glass)”. When there isn’t a break similar to other line breaks it makes editing more challenging.
Last edited by linny on July 23rd, 2017, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Lmnei wrote:Linny -

Where on the Checker does it indicate background noise? I cannot figure out where that option is located....can you please explain how you view background noise for me? You mentioned it also in a thread for a different book....

Many thanks!
It may be turned off. At the header chose the dropdown Validation. Then "Choose Validation Methods". Make sure the "Backgound Noise" is checked. If it isn't, check it and then click "Change".