Section 34 - The Naughty Comet - PL OK
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon

Post by loon »

Section 18 - "The Patient Cat" - PL OK
loon

Post by loon »

The file names of each should have ..._128kb.mp3 - not the ..._128kbs.mp3 you have. I suspect our dedicated and hardworking MC for this book, Phil Chenevert, will be able to pretty easily fix the file name as a part of the final packaging of the book.

You read the chapter title for section 15 as "The Fortune" but the book has "A Fortune" - normally that's no big deal at all, but perhaps a bit more important when it's the title. If our dedicated and hardworking MC is OK with both of these things Section 15 will be PL OK. (I won't mark the Magic Window until I hear from Phil.)

Prooflisten for section 25 coming up next.
loon

Post by loon »

Section 25 - "Oh, Dear!"
At the very end of the recording you said End of Chapter 25 - that should have been End of "Oh, Dear!"
(and the previously-mentioned extra s in the uploaded file name.) Everything else is just fine.
I'll wait for feedback from our illustrious MC - If Phil says that's good the section will be PL OK

A note: your closing silence in these two segments was in th 8-9 second range. That's in the LibriVox allowable range, but for segments this short you should probably trim that down to 5-6 seconds.

Thanks for these segments!
madison02

Post by madison02 »

Hi
Can I do 8 About Angels
I am a newbie so I have sent you a test
Thanks
Madison02
loon

Post by loon »

Section 20 - "The Quacky Duck" - PL OK

Fun one!
loon

Post by loon »

Section 28 - "The Three Remarks" - PL OK
loon

Post by loon »

arjunanand wrote:dear team ,
section 12
2:05
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/thepigbrother_12_richards_128kb.mp3

regards
arjun
Arjun - there are some problems with your recording.

1) The volume is too low. The program Checker reports the average volume for your segment is 82.8 dB - LibriVox standards say the recording should be 86.0-92.0 dB, so you need at least 3.2 dB more volume (but around 6 would be better). Also, I think you may have used the Noise Reduction effect with the settings too high - the recording you sent sounds like that might have happened. I hope you kept the recording you made before you did any processing or editing. If you did you can try not doing any noise reduction but trying the Amplify... or Compressor... effect. I'm thinking the Compressor might be best in this case. When you're done the waveform for your recorded track should be a lot taller - almost but not quite reaching plus and minus 1.

2) You left around 5 seconds of silence at the beginning before you start speaking. This should be edited down to 1/2 to 1 second.

3) At around 1:22 in the recording I heard
By and by his mother, by and by his mother
That false start should be edited out.

If you can make those changes and upload it again I'll take another listen. Thanks!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

loon wrote:
The file names of each should have ..._128kb.mp3 - not the ..._128kbs.mp3 you have. I suspect our dedicated and hardworking MC for this book, Phil Chenevert, will be able to pretty easily fix the file name as a part of the final packaging of the book.

You read the chapter title for section 15 as "The Fortune" but the book has "A Fortune" - normally that's no big deal at all, but perhaps a bit more important when it's the title. If our dedicated and hardworking MC is OK with both of these things Section 15 will be PL OK. (I won't mark the Magic Window until I hear from Phil.)

Prooflisten for section 25 coming up next.
This is your dedicated and hardly working MC, Phil. Our REALLY hard working DPL is correct that the file names have kb and not kbs. And I will indeed be able to fix 'em at validation, no problem. About the title name, hmmmm. That I would appreciate being fixed and uploaded again. Sorry but a title is somewhat important.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

loon wrote:
Section 25 - "Oh, Dear!"
At the very end of the recording you said End of Chapter 25 - that should have been End of "Oh, Dear!"
(and the previously-mentioned extra s in the uploaded file name.) Everything else is just fine.
I'll wait for feedback from our illustrious MC - If Phil says that's good the section will be PL OK

A note: your closing silence in these two segments was in th 8-9 second range. That's in the LibriVox allowable range, but for segments this short you should probably trim that down to 5-6 seconds.

Thanks for these segments!
section 25, we will leave the ending as he has it so that one is PL OK>
The closing silences should really be closer to 5 seconds but I'll let it go, with the reader making corrections in future recordings.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

:thumbs: Petunia the Perky LibriVox Penguin(a volunteer)Imagewill put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.
lynies

Post by lynies »

Hello! Can I claim Sections 7, 21, and 33? Thanks!
"Not all those who wander are lost."
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lynies wrote:Hello! Can I claim Sections 7, 21, and 33? Thanks!
Yep! and welcome to LibriVox and this project. Ask if anything is confusing or un clear. Image
Jvega

Post by Jvega »

Hello,

I'd like to sign up for 32 "For You and Me" and #22 "New Year". For a name, I'd like to use Juliane Vega.

Thank you! :D