Thanks,
Heather
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

ScottKelley wrote:Could I take 51 (My Father) & 61 (William At Sea) please?
Hi scott, welcome to librivox!

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/11998
I used your signature line as catalog credit but that can be changed.

You can get started right away, have fun!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hoberlander wrote:Can I do 80 and 94?

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Heather, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read those sections. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Thank you :)
Carolin
hoberlander

Post by hoberlander »

Carolin wrote:
hoberlander wrote:Can I do 80 and 94?

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Heather, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read those sections. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Thank you :)
Oh, right. I would like to appear in the catalog as Heather Oberlander. I don't have a site to link to.
Thanks,
H
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Cool, thanks heather. You are signed up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/11999 :thumbs:
Carolin
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

Scott Kelley
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Sections 51 and 61 Pl OK :thumbs:

I have to add a PS here also. Although I could hear them quite comfortably, they are below the 86 level for volume by just a bit. One is at 85.7 and the other at 84.9. The minimum requirement is 86 and the max 92. So for future submissions, and I hope there are many. (I look forward to hearing them.) Please check your volume levels and if they are below 86 you can use audacity to amplify them after recording.

aniroo
Thanks.
aniroo :wink:
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

aniroo wrote:Sections 51 and 61 Pl OK :thumbs:

I have to add a PS here also. Although I could hear them quite comfortably, they are below the 86 level for volume by just a bit. One is at 85.7 and the other at 84.9. The minimum requirement is 86 and the max 92. So for future submissions, and I hope there are many. (I look forward to hearing them.) Please check your volume levels and if they are below 86 you can use audacity to amplify them after recording.

aniroo
Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. The mic levels on my laptop are maxed out, I'll have to see if there's something else I can do to get those levels up.
Scott Kelley
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

If you use Audacity it is really easy. Open the file, find EFFECT at the top of the menu and select AMPLIFY. You can increase it by any number or decrease it by using a negative - sign in front of the number. then save it again.

I used a program called CHECKER to check the volume. http://cgjennings.ca/checker/ Try this link. It might work, or check the FAQ.

I just started a few months ago myself, but there are also a lot of videos on Youtube if you do a search for audacity or librivox.

ScottKelley wrote:
aniroo wrote:Sections 51 and 61 Pl OK :thumbs:

aniroo
Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. The mic levels on my laptop are maxed out, I'll have to see if there's something else I can do to get those levels up.
aniroo :wink:
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

[quote="aniroo"]If you use Audacity it is really easy. Open the file, find EFFECT at the top of the menu and select AMPLIFY. You can increase it by any number or decrease it by using a negative - sign in front of the number. then save it again.

Nice, many thanks! I will definitely spend more time making sample recordings and playing with the effects to bring up those levels without making it sound distorted.
Scott Kelley
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
astaplesnerd

Post by astaplesnerd »

Alan H. Staples

Big things have small beginnings
- T. E. Lawrence
astaplesnerd

Post by astaplesnerd »