[COMPLETE]Popular History of Astronomy, Clerke-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 20 is in the MW! If anyone would like to PL sections 19 and 20, since I can't PL my own sections, please feel free to do so!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

icequeen wrote:Section 20 is in the MW! If anyone would like to PL sections 19 and 20, since I can't PL my own sections, please feel free to do so!

I'd be glad to. I PL for another group.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

That would be great! Thanks aniroo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

If there are PL notes regarding the Section 41 I recently sent in I can't find them. Perhaps that notation is just a carry-over from the earlier mess. ??
Russ Bruno
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi,
Section 19
Just a couple of notes. Not exactly sure how important they are, but mostly it's a case of using the wrong word. In some cases the substitute word is very close in meaning, in some it could change the meaning a little, but not much.

4:59 the word is Huggins's but I think I heard you say Hugginson. It was pretty quick.

6:02 " a red, a crimson, a yellow , a green OR deep blue." The OR should be an AND. I think it changes the meaning.

15:44 the word is "genera" the plural of genus, but you read genre. needs changed

27:15 you read "far below" but it is written far "beyond " not much difference here

28:16 one of "immediate" length should be "intermediate" length needs changed

aniroo :thumbs:

I'll try to get to section 20 tomorrow, unless someone else beats me to it. :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote:If there are PL notes regarding the Section 41 I recently sent in I can't find them. Perhaps that notation is just a carry-over from the earlier mess. ??

I'm listening to section 41 right now, I will let you know if there is anything that needs to be fix in about an hour.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

aniroo wrote:Hi,
Section 19
Just a couple of notes. Not exactly sure how important they are, but mostly it's a case of using the wrong word. In some cases the substitute word is very close in meaning, in some it could change the meaning a little, but not much.

4:59 the word is Huggins's but I think I heard you say Hugginson. It was pretty quick.

6:02 " a red, a crimson, a yellow , a green OR deep blue." The OR should be an AND. I think it changes the meaning.

15:44 the word is "genera" the plural of genus, but you read genre. needs changed

27:15 you read "far below" but it is written far "beyond " not much difference here

Are you following along while you listen? The PL level I have is only standard, which means that it should be just smooth listening. Some I will fix, but some I won't because it is beyond standard PL'ing. I will let you know when and which ones I have fixed.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

aniroo wrote:Hi,
Section 19

Oooops! Sorry I missed that . Just too excited to get started. Guess I should slow down from now on. :oops:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No, you are fine! I think I was being a little harsh, and I apologize for that. I don't want to make it so that you don't ever want to PL ever again! I will let you know which ones I have fixed, I know for sure I have to fix genera. That one just did not feel right!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 41 needs two small edits. At the end, you have the outro twice, I think the first one needs to be cut out, that one is at 1:02:46-:52, then at the very end, there is a stray recording that needs to be clipped off. Otherwise, everything else is much, much better!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Ok, I have deleted the superfluous outros and the stray recording at the end. So here, once again, is Section 41.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_41_clerke_128kb.mp3 Time: 1:02.5.0
Russ Bruno
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 5 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote:Ok, I have deleted the superfluous outros and the stray recording at the end. So here, once again, is Section 41.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_41_clerke_128kb.mp3 Time: 1:02.5.0

Now section 41 is PL OK! Thanks Shasta!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 20 PL OK :clap:

aniroo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

aniroo wrote:Section 20 PL OK :clap:

aniroo

Thanks aniroo! I'll fix section 19 tomorrow and upload it again.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!