[complete] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 5 (Part I) - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WiltedScribe wrote:So I've taken care of files with volume issues, which are PL OK now.

For section 85, the first part of the subtitle, "Forty reasons" is missing. Leanne, could you reread it and re-upload the file?
Thanks Tomas!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 1, 2, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 33, 35, 41, 43, 51, 71, 79, 87, 89, 94, 97, 99, 100

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 115 - No! by Thomas Hood

Just one little thing here. The volume is a little high at 94.1dB.

What a great poem! I truly enjoyed your reading here!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 92, 102, 103, 104, 106, 107, 108, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 122, 125, 126, 129, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 137, 138, 141, 142, 143, 147, 148, 152, 154, 155, 157

PL OK
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: 89 % done !!! Anthony you're dedicated :thumbs: Thanks

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I am only part of the puzzle. Thank you all for your continued dedication. I rue the day that these collections no longer happen! :cry: I so enjoy all of your works! :9: In fact, I like to save them up and do long listening sessions. They highlight my weeks! :D
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote:I rue the day that these collections no longer happen! :cry:
well we still have a long way to go :D so I take it you will sign up for DPL for Nature Part 2 as well ? As soon as Tomas has handed in his, we are ready to start the next part early August I guess.
I so enjoy all of your works! :9: In fact, I like to save them up and do long listening sessions. They highlight my weeks! :D
oh that's so nice of you to say :9: it feels good to have a fan :)

I am curious, do you personally prefer to listen to poems grouped together by one voice/one reading style or do you prefer to mix poems from the 5 of us and listen to different voices for each poem ? :hmm: I guess each listener has different preferences, I was just curious how the mix would sound, whether listeners rather listen to one person in one go before listening to poems from another person.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Kitty wrote:
afutterer wrote:I rue the day that these collections no longer happen! :cry:
well we still have a long way to go :D so I take it you will sign up for DPL for Nature Part 2 as well ? As soon as Tomas has handed in his, we are ready to start the next part early August I guess.

ABSOLUTELY! You can continue to ask me, but unless something crazy happens I will be in all of them. I love it!
I so enjoy all of your works! :9: In fact, I like to save them up and do long listening sessions. They highlight my weeks! :D
oh that's so nice of you to say :9: it feels good to have a fan :)

I am curious, do you personally prefer to listen to poems grouped together by one voice/one reading style or do you prefer to mix poems from the 5 of us and listen to different voices for each poem ? :hmm: I guess each listener has different preferences, I was just curious how the mix would sound, whether listeners rather listen to one person in one go before listening to poems from another person.

:hmm: I guess I never thought about it. I suppose sometimes I listen to one person reading at a time, but mostly I listen in section order. It is easier to follow along in the mw that way. :thumbs: I really don't mind different readers because each poem is different in so many ways. I think you guys do a very good job of dividing them up and there seems to evolve a perfect mix of tone and sex. It is great! I would not change a thing!

Sonia
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: :hmm: I guess I never thought about it. I suppose sometimes I listen to one person reading at a time, but mostly I listen in section order. It is easier to follow along in the mw that way. :thumbs: I really don't mind different readers because each poem is different in so many ways. I think you guys do a very good job of dividing them up and there seems to evolve a perfect mix of tone and sex. It is great! I would not change a thing!
:D great, thanks for that. Yes I think as DPL it makes sense to follow the MW. :mrgreen:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The volume of "No!" has been corrected and the file is now PL OK.

I'll try to get the rest of my sections done today. Then maybe we can launch the new part next week, since it's roughly the same size as this one. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

So after some hard work, I finally finished all my sections. :mrgreen: That means we only need a few more (and one correction) from Leanne before we're done! :clap:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: did you sleep at all this night Tomas ?

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Leanne, I make it ready for Spot PL to alert Anthony

Sonia