https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/misanthrope_alceste_5.mp3

Length is 12:18

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 16th, 2017, 8:45 am

NemoR wrote:The 5th and final act for Alceste!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/misanthrope_alceste_5.mp3
Length is 12:18
Nemo
perfectly PL ok Nemo :thumbs: I was really suffering with Alceste here :cry: You made it very emotional near the end. Really, really good reading. Thanks !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 19th, 2017, 10:48 am

ah Leanne, I remember when Todd told me he would open The Misanthrope, I said to him, Leanne will be the perfect Célimène. And I was SO RIGHT :thumbs: Not only are there no errors, but you play her to perfection. The affectation and false friendliness in your voice in the crucial scene with Eva as Arsinoé is simply wow. This will sound sooo good together in dialogue. :9: And in Act 1 where you berate each of your suitors, you sound so teasingly mean :evil: exactly the way she should be.

All 4 acts PL ok and well done :clap:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » July 19th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Leanne, Kitty is telling the perfect truth. I look forward to hearing your reading.

Thanks, Todd

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » July 19th, 2017, 3:38 pm

"Treat 'em mean, and keep 'em keen."
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » July 21st, 2017, 9:35 pm

Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 22nd, 2017, 7:05 am

hilarious :lol: I bet you had a blast bragging about your qualities in Act 3 ;) I can't help but I got the impression Acaste was always slightly drunk when he was on stage. You have a certain slight slur in your voice. Excellent bonus :thumbs:

I especially loved the reading of the letter. So well played out. I really could picture you all on stage, and you looking at each man before delivering them the unpleasant truths

All acts PL ok

only one question: was this recorded with the new microphone ? I think I hear a bit more background noise than normal, a low humming. Maybe you have to fiddle a bit with the settings still. Have you put it on the correct "programme" ? I think it should be the kidney shaped one.

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » July 22nd, 2017, 11:16 am

Kitty wrote:only one question: was this recorded with the new microphone ? I think I hear a bit more background noise than normal, a low humming. Maybe you have to fiddle a bit with the settings still. Have you put it on the correct "programme" ? I think it should be the kidney shaped one.
Yes, it's on the kidney-shaped one. I think it's because I'm in a different room than usual, adjacent to a refrigerator. I will go back to someplace quieter for next time.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 22nd, 2017, 11:32 am

WiltedScribe wrote:Yes, it's on the kidney-shaped one. I think it's because I'm in a different room than usual, adjacent to a refrigerator. I will go back to someplace quieter for next time.
:shock: how could you record next to a refrigerator !!!

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » July 24th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Philinte is recorded and in the MW! I tried to make him the voice of reason, but sometimes Alceste is just too much for even him to stay calm about....

Thanks, Todd

NemoR

Post by NemoR » July 24th, 2017, 4:39 pm

ToddHW wrote:Philinte is recorded and in the MW! I tried to make him the voice of reason, but sometimes Alceste is just too much for even him to stay calm about....

Thanks, Todd
Hey!!.... I thought I WAS the voice of reason!!!

Nemo :roll:
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."