[SOLO] The annals of Ann by Kate Trimble Sharber - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

Win2017 wrote: July 19th, 2018, 9:50 pm Quick question. Is there any reason that in the notes section in the MW it repeats the chapters, and the chapters are even linked? Or did that just happen? It not that big a deal, I was just wondering. :D
When I set up my mw I usually link the chapters in the title section so I can get to them easily. Working on setting up a MW on another project the MC said linking in the title section wasn't preferred because it had to be changed when the book was completed. I was told "that is what the notes section is for". So I changed this project when I changed the other. I reverted the title section to title only without the linking HTML and used the notes section for my link to the chapter.
Kind Regards!
CJ

My Librivox Contributions
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

That makes sense :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

• All files are uploaded.

All fall in the 89.0-89.7 dB range
    3, 8 & 9 are ready for spot PL
    10-14 are ready for PL
No rush. 13 & 14 I actually followed the text when I pre-pl'd them. Usually I just listen while I am cleaning up the next track to catch any major stumbles or obnoxious noises. The last two should be closer to PL OK than the previous ones.

Thank you for your work!
Kind Regards!
CJ

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Chapters 3 and 9 are PL Ok!

And maybe I am being picky here but I think the slight mistake in chapter 8 at {(13:50) I told her that everything made me think it.} is something that changes the meaning of what Ann is saying, so if you could correct that one. 'That' comes before 'everything', maybe I am just being silly... :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

Win2017 wrote: July 19th, 2018, 9:47 pm Notes for chpt 8:

11:07) Mammy Lou can talk till her hair turns straight (out). (Added word)
13:50) I told her that everything made me think it.
14:22) "Ann you are (so) incorrigible." (Added word)
18:32) He said it made him feel weak...
23:12) It was silly of me, for all the time...

Notes for chpt 9:

3:18) ...till twelve o'clock of a night telling secrets to.

And the time is good at the end!
You are not being too picky at all! Thank you for catching that. Sorry I missed it. I prefer to put out quality work. Can't do that with a DPL that is too soft. I have appreciated that you are meticulous. I was afraid I might have neglected to change the others too, so I did a re-check of the things you had noted. There were a couple I had changed but the repairs were obvious in listening again so I redid a couple of places (18:32 & 23:12). I think they are better.

Thanks!!
Kind Regards!
CJ

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I spot PLed those and all is well. Actually, I kinda liked the way it was before when you said 'scream' at around the 23 minute. :lol: You could feel the frustration... Anyway, its good now and all edited well.

PL notes for chpt 10:

1:55) (There weren't any men around)..
8:04) ...which she did up in a little ball and threw away...
11:17) ...which you see in the (window) side show of an... (added word)
14:53) ...like he expected to see her appear looking like a...
15:58) ...grand diamond one with Mizpath marked in it. (I actually might have messed up the script here, I can't remember :?)
16:10) ...to see just when she gets the ring back again...
20:24) ...he laughs like the corners of his mouth can't... (this one is really minor)

Everything else is good :)
I am going to try and PL the rest tomorrow.
Hope Kuerschner

kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Wow, you guys are moving right along!

Please start making a blurb and tink of genre and keywords for when I catalog this gem of a book :)
Kathrine
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I am completely ignorant of what that means? :lol: :D I've never yet been part of a project that wrapped up so... I am not sure what you expect but if CJ knows and has ideas then great... :lol: 8-)
Hope Kuerschner

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

kathrinee wrote: July 27th, 2018, 4:29 pm Wow, you guys are moving right along!

Please start making a blurb and tink of genre and keywords for when I catalog this gem of a book :)
Win2017 wrote: July 27th, 2018, 7:19 pm I am completely ignorant of what that means? :lol: :D I've never yet been part of a project that wrapped up so... I am not sure what you expect but if CJ knows and has ideas then great... :lol: 8-)
WOAH!! Who knew we did not have a blurb, a genre OR keywords!! I have never been responsible for a blurb before but I can give it a whirl. If my precious DPL has any additions or thoughts, they would be welcome. You crack me up!

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Genre Children's Fiction or Children's Fiction General
Keywords: Diary, child, children's fiction, .....?

Blurb:
The Annals Of Ann by Kate Trimble Sharber-Copyright 1910.

As the only “surviving” child of her parents, most consider Ann to be an overly indulged child. Some say she is incorrigible but most find her to be pleasant and fun-loving in spite of her precocious nature. Inspired by her Cousin Eunice, young Ann decides to start a diary in hopes her grandchildren will some day read it. As for content, Ann does not feel anything outside of a good love story is worthy of being penned. However, her precocious nature makes it difficult for her to avoid a little whimsical fun along the way.

Please, feel free to tweak, add or change whatever needs to be changed.
Kind Regards!
CJ

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

So much for "PLing tomorrow"! :lol: I had to go out of town so I couldn't. I will try to get around to it in the next few days. I do have a little tweak for the blurb, and will write it in later/tomorrow. :)
Hope Kuerschner

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

No worries. Life took over here too so it will probably be a few days before I can get anything ready for spot pl. Hope you enjoy your trip!
Kind Regards!
CJ

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok here goes, I don't think much should be changed, actually, I quite liked it.

Genre Children's Fiction or Children's Fiction General
Keywords: Diary, child, children's fiction, .....?
(for the keywords there should be something saying how funny and comical the book is, like, 'comical', or some other way of saying that. And maybe the romance side as well, but it isn't really a romance. Whatever, I don't think it is all that important, the world is going to end on bigger issues.

Blurb:

(This is my edited one, I made very little changes)
As the only “surviving” child of her parents, most consider Ann to be an overly indulged child. Some say she is incorrigible but most find her to be pleasant and fun-loving in spite of her precocious nature. Inspired by her Cousin Eunice, young Ann decides to start a diary in hopes her grandchildren will some day read it. As for content, Ann does not feel anything outside of a good love story is worthy of being penned. However, her intelligent and cheeky nature makes it difficult for her to avoid a little whimsical fun, and resulting mishaps, along the way.

Maybe that is too many added adjectives.... :D
Hope Kuerschner

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

I think this is good as long as it meets expectations of the powers that be. There may be keywords that we are missing but I think this gets us started and i feel good about the blurb. :)

Genre:
Children's Fiction or Children's Fiction General

Keywords:
Diary, child, children's fiction, comedy, comical, romance, funny, whimsical

Blurb:

As the only “surviving” child of her parents, Ann is considered by close friends and family to be an overly indulged child. Some say she is incorrigible but most find her to be pleasant and fun-loving in spite of her precocious nature. Inspired by her Cousin Eunice, young Ann decides to start a diary in hopes her grandchildren will some day read it. As for content, Ann does not feel anything outside of a good love story is worthy of being penned. However, her intelligent and cheeky nature makes it difficult for her to avoid a little whimsical fun, and resulting mishaps, along the way.
Kind Regards!
CJ

kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Looks great! Definitely fine by this "power to be" (I don't feel much like a power, though I sometimes aim to convince my students that I do have super powers...) :wink:
Kathrine
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok, so I just realized something, and it's a pity I didn't catch it earlier, great PLer that I should be.

I was listening to chpt 11 and right at the beginning I heard that you didn't say the short LibriVox intro. Then I realized that I hadn't listened very intently to the ones before either, so I went back and checked and there was the same mistake on some of the other ones so.... I am sorry for not catching it sooner :D

Notes for chapter 1:
In the intro, you didn't say the author's name.

Notes for chapter 5:
There was no LibriVox intro; "This librivox recording is in the public domain".

Notes for chapter 7:
Same problem as chpt 5

Notes for chapter 11:
Missing Librivox intro
4:08) '...in another week we'll be back dwelling with the rest of the fools amid the tall buildings'.
6:14) ...stooping over to set Waterloo's...
21:02) ...and so he put his arm around...

I literally had tears streaming down my face listening to this chapter, I don't know why I find the style so funny. :lol: It was just priceless :lol:
Hope Kuerschner