Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
yzhan115

Post by yzhan115 »

I want to try chapter 30
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yzhan115 wrote: May 5th, 2020, 8:44 am I want to try chapter 30
Hello, and Welcome to LibriVox!

We would love to have your help on this project. :)

Do you mean Chapter 30? (Section 30 is already completed, but section 31, which has chapter 30, is open.) Two things need your attention before you do a section:
  • I can put a reservation note on Section 31 for a couple of weeks for you, but before you do the recording, you'll need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section. There would have been mention of this in the welcome email, so check that for other information as well. :)

But for now, here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)
  • Also, we will need to know what name you want to be used to create your Catalog Reader Page. This is the page the public will see when they link to you from audiobooks or look you up directly in the Catalog. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum work name (this one here), and others make up a psuedonym.
Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

johnb2 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 12:37 pm Hi Lynnet

Section 32 / chapter 31 @ 9:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cloisterandthehearth_032_reade_128kb.mp3
Section 32 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks so much, John. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Can I help here? I am willing to do as much as you need. It might be slower if I offer to do all, those orphaned and those that are open, but I am available. What do you think? Jim
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 3:58 pm Can I help here? I am willing to do as much as you need. It might be slower if I offer to do all, those orphaned and those that are open, but I am available. What do you think? Jim
Hi, Jim! I'm sure I speak for Elijah, as well: We would love your help! Why don't you start by choosing 3-5 sections you'd like to sign up for, and then if you want to keep working on it, add up to that many more at a time?

Thanks so much!
~Lynette * -
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds like a plan. May I have 28, 31, 33, 34, and 35. Thanks, Jim.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Go for it :)
~Lynette * -
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 28:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cloisterandthehearth_028_reade_128kb.mp3

15:21

Jim

Thanks, Lynette. I noticed other entries have you as the MC. Has it recently changed to kitty?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Noooooo - I am not an MC by any means :) It has always been Kitty for this. Somebody may have been mistaken?

Elijah is the BC, and I am the PL, but I help Elijah out with the MW at times, as this very long project easily gets buried in the shuffle on our boards. Lots of acronyms here!! :lol:

And thanks for this chapter. Give me 2 or 3 days to PL it - stuff is INSANE at our house right now.
~Lynette * -
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

And thank you both. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LCaulkins wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:54 amNoooooo - I am not an MC by any means :) It has always been Kitty for this. Somebody may have been mistaken?
I checked the MW and indeed one file got uploaded to another folder. Please when you notice this, notify me immediately, and put a memo "wrong folder" in the MW, then I can fish it out from that folder and put it into mine. It's best to have all the files together in one place.

Thanks, Jim for noticing :thumbs: It was only one file, correct ? I will change folders this evening.

Sonia