Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks MaryAnn!

Have a great day/night.

Lynda
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That would be "day" for me in Chicago. And you're up awfully early (or you've stayed up awfully late) for Vancouver. You won't see the sun for at least an hour!
MaryAnn
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

I am up early :D

Best time to record on weekends when my hubby is still asleep and not watching football on TV and also discussing with said TV how bad the football game is!

Lynda
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That makes sense. This was a big weekend for your house then!
MaryAnn
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Lynda,
I finally found everything AND my internet is back up. I made full sentence corrections. Here they are:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/naturemythsandstories_08_cooke_128kb.mp3

0:11 - Daphne was the daughter of the River Peneus.

0:30 - From the roof hung crystal chandeliers which Peneus's servants had made.

0:42 - Peneus brought his most beautiful pebbles to Daphne's cave every night.

1:05 - With her golden hair flying behind her, she sped into the forest. Everything awoke when they felt the touch of her rosy fingers, and smiled as they saw her happy face. The trees and the forest animals were her playfellows, and she had no wish for other friends. (This correction is a bit longer than your original note. Since I was already there I corrected a hesitation in the preceding sentence.)

2:38 - Peneus heard her voice and instantly her feet became fastened in the soil like roots. A soft bark covered her body and her beautiful hair became the leaves of the laurel tree.

4:03 - One warm day when the elves were away from home, a giant came into the glen. He was seeking just such a cool place for his afternoon nap.

6:53 - He went directly to the home of the giants and demanded the cap, but they refused to give it up.

7:49 - The giants saw him, and knew at once what he was doing.

10:10 - These good people had eaten scarcely anything for several days that they might have food to offer the king. (extra space removed.) When they saw the strangers, Philemon said,

11:16 - This had long been the wish in each heart, and the fear of being left alone in the world was the one trouble of their old age.

17:39 - “Come to the hill across from the great blue mountains,” he said. “There you will learn the secret of fire.”
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Linny it is a pleasure listening to your work!

All those edits were so seamless!

Section 8 is PL Perfect!

Lynda
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Lynda! I appreciate your helping out here.
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
Just when you should have given up, I finally got it together and finished up. Thank you again for everything especially the PL work and more importantly, your patience.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Not a problem at all Linny. I've kicked off the process to pop this puppy into the catalog.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/nature-myths-and-stories-for-little-children-by-flora-j-cooke/
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! It’s such a relief to see this one finished. It was certainly a life adventure.

If it’s not too much bother and when you have time, please update the description. I eliminated reading the page numbers. The summary in the project is fine, it just didn’t make it to the database.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Linny,

Project summary updated!
MaryAnn
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, MaryAnn. :9: