COMPLETE[Gardening/NF] Talks about Flowers -Mary Wellcome-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
boatharbor

Post by boatharbor »

Section 36: Time 3:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/talksaboutflowers_36_wellcome_128kb.mp3

ETA: Forgot to mention, please feel free to correct my pronunciation of any of the plants. I tried to look up pronunciations, but some weren't easy to find. This section particularly had some Latin names, I think.
Weedpatch

Post by Weedpatch »

I finished my section and realized after relistening that I mispronounced one word. Any advice for the easiest way to insert a short clip of me saying it properly in audacity?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

boatharbor wrote:Section 36: Time 3:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/talksaboutflowers_36_wellcome_128kb.mp3

ETA: Forgot to mention, please feel free to correct my pronunciation of any of the plants. I tried to look up pronunciations, but some weren't easy to find. This section particularly had some Latin names, I think.
Hi,
Nice readings! Section 35 is PL OK.
Section 36 has a spot that says "outdoor" when it should be "indoor". It is at 2:14..."The change to indoor life caused the large green leaves to fall off, but already new ones have put forth, and the vines are rapidly growing." Please make that change.
Thank you!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Weedpatch wrote:I finished my section and realized after relistening that I mispronounced one word. Any advice for the easiest way to insert a short clip of me saying it properly in audacity?
Hi
Phil has a bunch of videos on everything. Here is one on editing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be
It shows how to do that and a lot of other stuff.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I updated the post with some pronunciation guides for reference. I am not concerned with pronunciation. It seems to vary. Nonetheless here are some quick places to look
http://www.finegardening.com/pronunciation-guide
http://www.dictionary.com/
Good day!
Amy
ARoomFullofBees

Post by ARoomFullofBees »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Valerie,
I checked your test. It needs a few changes. I responded in your post.
I think you will be able to sort it out so I am going to sign you up for that section. How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
Cheers!
Amy
Thanks, Amy! I just re-did my one minute test with adjustments. Question about catalog names - is it okay to use a name that's neither my real name nor my forum name? I would prefer to use the pseudonym Lenore Vinka if that's okay.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Valerie,
Your test is good now and your catalog name is updated as Lenore Vinka.
Have a good night!
Amy
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Hi - lovely project!
May I request Section 0 [Preface] and 2 [ A Talk to Farmers' Wives ]?

Thanks! 8-)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Most certainly. The MW is updated for your claims.
Thanks!
Amy :)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Wow! That was fast. I will soon.
Thank you for the Preface and Sections Two!
Amy :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Christine,
The preface and section two are PL OK. Wonderful reading!
Thank you!
Amy :D
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Thanks, Amy! 8-)
Weedpatch

Post by Weedpatch »

http://uploads.librivox.org/alg1001/talksaboutflowers_08_wellcome.mp3
(6:57)

Thank you for the link directly to the video I needed. I hope this came out well. :) - Rebekah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Rebekah,
It came out great! Section 8 is PL OK.
Thank you!
Amy :)