[COMPLETE Group, children, SS] The Wonder Garden - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Brandybmorgan

Post by Brandybmorgan »

"Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -L. Carroll
benderca

Post by benderca »

kathrinee wrote:TJ, you do a wonderful job in sections 28, 30 and 50 :clap: I wish my first recordings sounded equally smooth!

There are two things to fix in each recording (the same two things in each):
- the volume is a little bit high, around 92 dB. Please amplify by -3.
- at the end of the recording, after you say "End of section #. Recording by TJ Burns," there should be about 5 seconds of silence. All three recordings have closer to 2 seconds. You can select and copy the end silence, and paste it in at the end -- that should do the trick.

Save the recordings with the same file names, upload again and post in the thread. Thank you! :thumbs:
Thanks!
How's this?
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_028_olcott_128kb.mp3 (4:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_062_olcott_128kb.mp3 (4:47)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you! I'm looking forward to listening :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you! I'll listen by the end of the week, I hope :thumbs:
Kathrine
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
benderca

Post by benderca »

kathrinee wrote:
Thank you! I'll listen by the end of the week, I hope :thumbs:
No hurry! I'm traveling and only have sporadic access to the internet... :)

Here's another. I used both compression and amplification on this one. Please let me know how it sounds or if I can make any improvements.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_030_olcott_128kb.mp3 (3:05)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you both!
Kathrine
KCash

Post by KCash »

May I claim section 91?

I am new and my username is KCash. Do you need my 1 minute test posted here as well for your review?

Truly, Kelly
angibridges

Post by angibridges »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_127_olcott_128kbps.mp3 Length 8:43

Hi Katherine,

Here is Section 127, I'm not entirely happy with it. Had trouble with some background clicking. If you hear it let me know and I will do this section over. I may claim more sections later in the week.

Thanks,

Angi
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

KCash wrote:May I claim section 91?

I am new and my username is KCash. Do you need my 1 minute test posted here as well for your review?

Truly, Kelly
Welcome! Section 91 is all yours :thumbs: Would you like to go by your username in the catalog, too? (Some use their username, some their real name, others again use another name alltogether.) Please holler if you run into trouble!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you, Angi!
angibridges wrote:Had trouble with some background clicking. If you hear it let me know and I will do this section over.
I'll listen for it :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 28, 30, and 62 are PL OK after spot-check!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Abby, your reading in sections 54 and 56 is great! Well done :clap:

I have a suggestion for improvement: there is a bit of white noise in the recordings. It is not terribly much, but I imagine listening in a noise environment (commuting to work, for instance), and if I was listening to the bus I'd prefer less white noise. I also suggest it because this is exactly the kind of background sounds that cleans up most nicely in Audacity (do you use Audacity?). I tested it on one of the recordings, and I thought it improved the sound quality. :D I did it like this:
Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.
Once you have done this (provided you agree that it is an improvement), please save the recordings with the same file names, upload and post again in the thread. I'm looking forward to hear you again :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 70 is PL OK! Wonderful work, Brandy :clap:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 127 is PL OK! Honestly, I didn't hear any background clicking. Very nice to listen to :thumbs:
Kathrine