COMPLETE [essays] The Democracy of the Constitution by Lodge -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I'm interested in section 7 the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The only question I have is about the foot note on page 110. It is a list of the voting results with lots of numbers. I tend to invert numbers, dyslexia of numbers, whatever it's called.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Oh yes thats a big footnote :shock:

I see the difficulty eith reading these numbers, but im afraid theres no way aroundaround them. The footnote is pretty interesting in connection with the text so it should be read, and we cant edit it in a way to leave the numbers out.

Would you still like to try or would you prefer perhaps another section? Thank you!
Carolin
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

I would like to claim Section 3, The Constitution and its Makers, Part 1. I am a first-time narrator, having just joined LibriVox. My pseudonym would be rreiman. I am not sure where Part 1 of this chapter is supposed to end and Part 2 is supposed to begin. Thanks!
Last edited by rreiman on September 9th, 2017, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Carolin wrote:Oh yes thats a big footnote :shock:

I see the difficulty eith reading these numbers, but im afraid theres no way aroundaround them. The footnote is pretty interesting in connection with the text so it should be read, and we cant edit it in a way to leave the numbers out.

Would you still like to try or would you prefer perhaps another section? Thank you!

I am still thinking about it. I was thinking I could record the number tables in short sessions , so I don't lose my concentration. I could then splice the section in when I've finished the text. I've got another recording project to finish first, then I 'll let you know one way or another, unless of course, someone else claims it. :lol:
aniroo :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

rreiman wrote:I would like to claim Section 3, The Constitution and its Makers, Part 1. I am a first-time narrator, having just joined LibriVox. My pseudonym would be rreiman. I am not sure where Part 1 of this chapter is supposed to end and Part 2 is supposed to begin. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. To be able to sign you up i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started!

The thing with these sections is that the individual essays must be broken into more manageable parts. I like to leave that decision to the reader. It would theredfore be great if you could claim both sections 1 and 2. Only if you like of course :)

Thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

And thank you aniroo. Recording in sessions might work indeed :)
Carolin
AzadC

Post by AzadC »

dibs on section 4. If that's OK with everyone.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

You are welcome to participate in this project. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Carolin
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Carolin:

I am not sure what you mean by a pseudonym. Could I use my username for that purpose. I would be happy use the latter, rreiman, as my pseudonym. Would that be acceptable.

I have posted my Ten-minute test and I am looking forward to feedback. Thanks,

Rick
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you rick, i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/11964

Great that you did the test recording :thumbs:

I have one more question about your claim. Would you like to claim also sections 4 and 5 to claim the whole essay or would you prefer to read only section 3? If the former, you can choose yourself how you would like to split the essay into sections. If the latter, ill do it for this section :) thank you!
Carolin
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

I will take section #12 Thomas Brackett Reed.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

You are welcome to read that section. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started :) thank you!
Carolin
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

You can use "Tori Faulder" for the catalog. I do not need a link to my website. I have recorded the one-minute test and will be uploading it soon. Thank you.
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Carolin:
I will read sections 3, 4 and 5. Thanks for assigning me to section 3 already. I look forward to completing the assignment!

Rick :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great, thank you rick! Let me know if you need help splitting the chapter into three parts :)
Carolin