[COMPLETE] The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thanks for the update, and enjoy your vacation!
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

And I'm back...with three more chapters.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Glad to have you back!!
Those three are PL OK.

Just so you know sometimes a chapter is a touch loud, like one every couple of batches. not enough to have to change it, like chapter 33 is 94 dB, only one dB above the target but it happens fairly consistently over this book and I think some of the last one so just something to be aware of I guess.
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, I had yet another delay! (I seem to have a lot of them!) This time, I needed a new computer!

I think I now have all the settings right on this new one (on my first attempt it saved as a .wav file, and I needed a few minutes to figure out how to change it to .mp3 (I'm not the most computer savvy person!).

I know that I normally upload three chapters at a time, but this time I'm anxious to see if I've got everything right, so here is just one chapter. I hope it worked!

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I have not listened to it yet but when I ran it through the checker this came up. I should be able to PL tomorrow
I hope you get everything set up on your new computer without to much trouble and that you did not lose anything from your old one, that happened to me once and it was so frustrating!
The bit rate should be 128 kbps.
The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR).
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Do you know how that can be fixed with Audacity?
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Or does that just mean the volume varies. I'm not sure how to fix that, since scenes with conversations tend to be louder than simple narration, especially with some characters like Quilp.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

It is a very easy fix, so assuming you have an up to date version of audacity to change it you need to import it to Audacity again and then export it, but when the window comes up that asks you where you want to save it etc. there are 'format options' at the bottom of that window. To change the bit rate to 128 look down to 'quality' and right beside it there is the option to change your bit rate, just click on it and it will let you chose the quality pick 128kpbs.

To change it from variable to constant right above the 'quality' it says 'bit rate mode' select 'constant' and then export and re-upload here!

just say if you have any more problems and I am sure icequeen or I will be able to help. :D
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

After listening to it, those were the only problems :thumbs:
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, I've made another attempt at the same chapter. Please, let me know if it worked.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I've been waiting to hear from you to see if my last attempt worked, but I'm anxious to go on to the next chapters. So I'll proceed and hope that the files are being saved properly now.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I am so sorry, I checked it the day you posted and I guess I forgot to reply. :oops: It is PL OK now!
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

At long last, I'm back (real life sometimes has a habit of getting in the way), and three more chapters are read.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

chapters 35, 36, and 37 are PL OK!
Life does have that rather annoying habit :lol:
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Three more ready.

Brad