COMPLETE [SS] Household Tales, by the Brothers Grimm - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

VittoriaConn wrote:I'd love to read Cinderella, Story 21. :-)

Vittoria
hi Vittoria, thanks for claiming another story in here. :9: I thought Cinderella was already claimed, but I see it's open again, so I can sign you up for it. I hope you have fun recording and looking forward to hearing your narration. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Jason, I always loved this story as a kid. I had a fully illustrated Grimm's tales book and this story was so interesting to me because all the princesses has such beautiful dresses (probably a little girl's thing :mrgreen: )

yet again, perfectly narrated and PL ok.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Sonia, I think you forgot to mark Lean Lisa as PL OK in the MW. :P

(And yeah, some of these stories feel incomplete to me, as though they end before anything exciting happens. But hey, not every one could be a timeless classic, right?)
Tomas Peter
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

jasonb

Post by jasonb »

And my last for this collection: (for now)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_199_grimm_128kb.mp3

8:43
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks folks! These are in the MW - this project is rocketing along! :thumbs:

(MW updated - we are fully assigned and 86% complete!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

larryhayes7 wrote:Story 146 completed
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_146_grimm_128kb.mp3
Time 8:16
somehow I don't like the ending of this story. I sympathized with the poor farmer right up to the point when he conned this student into swapping places in the sack with him. Fortunately for him, he let him out again, but still...

Nicely narrated again, only found two places to amend this time:

> at 4:44: missing lines: "the murderers fell on him, bound him, and would have hanged him to a tree. But just as they were doing this, loud singing and the sound of a horse's feet were heard in the distance. On this their hearts were filled with terror, and they pushed their prisoner head first into the sack"

> at 7:32: "and drew the disciple of wisdom" - you say "discipline"

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:And my last for this collection: (for now)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_199_grimm_128kb.mp3
8:43
excellently narrated great story, which I didn't know yet. Although the leather-boots from the title have no real big role in the story :mrgreen: I sometimes wonder about the titles they chose for their stories.

No errors, everything fine and PL ok. Thanks so much Jason !

Sonia
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

Hope you're better soon! :)
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I am sooo sorry I feel terrible for missing an entire line in the story I was sure I had it perfected when it was submitted. You'd think after 50+ recordings now I would do better.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_146_grimm_128kb.mp3

Time 8:32
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

larryhayes7 wrote:I am sooo sorry I feel terrible for missing an entire line in the story I was sure I had it perfected when it was submitted. You'd think after 50+ recordings now I would do better.
no worries, that's why there's a DPL :)

The new sentence is flawless and excellently edited in. Disciple also ok, so Section 146 is PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I had to think about how I was just to go about fixing that since I use several effects in the cleanup. Had to created a new file just for the temporary fixes.

Thank you,
Larry
VittoriaConn

Post by VittoriaConn »

Hi there.

Here is a link to "Cinderella," Story 21.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_021_grimm_128kb.mp3 17:28

I'm sorry; I had to upload it twice. The first time, I'd forgotten to copy the link to my clipboard before I closed the uploader window. So I uploaded it a second time in order to get the link.

Vittoria
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Vittoria! Don't worry too much about the uploader, it sorts the files automatically. The link you have posted will work, and the other one will just sit there until the project is catalogued, when all the uploader files will be deleted.

There are no other stories open in this collection at the moment, so you are free to go find something else to read! (Please stay subscribed for any PL notes though, and in case any sections are orphaned by their earlier adopters!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

VittoriaConn wrote:Hi there.
Here is a link to "Cinderella," Story 21.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_021_grimm_128kb.mp3 17:28
beautiful reading once again, Vittoria :9: I love all the reading-in-character you do for the different persons. The stepmother sounded especially nasty :evil: (and I think I heard you wince when the first sister cut off her toe :mrgreen: )

I hope to hear you one day participating in our drama forum, you really have a gift for acting out and it seems you enjoy it too. :)

There is no flaw in the reading, the only thing that needs to be changed is the volume, which is a bit over our limit and it does sound a bit loud. Could you maybe reduce the volume by about 1 or 2 dB and re-upload it again with the same file-name ? Then all is perfect.

Thanks

Sonia