COMPLETE [SS] Household Tales, by the Brothers Grimm - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 2nd, 2017, 1:54 pm

bookisle wrote:May I claim
062 The Queen Bee
066 The Hare's Bride
068 The Thief and his master
and 152 The Shepherd Boy?
Thanks
Larry T
ah coming back for more I see ;) great, thanks, I'll sign you up :)

Sonia

Elizabby
Posts: 9218
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » June 2nd, 2017, 3:16 pm

Thanks Sonia, story 100 is PL OK! It sounds fine the way it is, I suspect a scanning error in the original upload!

I also had a listen to Story 208, and I agree there is something odd going on with the sound quality. Theo, do you still have the original unaltered files? Or can you go back in the history of the Audacity file and "undo" any of the effects you have used? If we can hear the original file as recorded then we would be in a better position to advise as to noise cleaning settings.

If you don't, it probably isn't necessary to rerecord the whole file, just the end part which is very distorted.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 2nd, 2017, 3:22 pm

thank you Beth for looking into it :)

Sonia

mlee
Posts: 428
Joined: June 11th, 2015, 6:14 am

Post by mlee » June 2nd, 2017, 3:57 pm

Kitty wrote:so many new sections !!!
mlee wrote:May I read:
Story 34 Clever Elsie
Story 52 King Thrushbeard
lee
yes you may, I'll sign you up, thanks ! :)

Theo, Larry and Evan, thank you for your sections, for the moment I'll update the MW and will try to PL them all tonight still. Stay tuned

Sonia

June 2
mlee

Here is story 34 Clever Elsie
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_031_grimm_128kb.mp3 8:25

lee

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1073
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » June 2nd, 2017, 7:19 pm

"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

SaraHale
Posts: 875
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » June 3rd, 2017, 3:40 am

Hello, Sonia. :D Here's story 117, The Wilful Child.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_117_grimm_128kb.mp3

Time is 1:30.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

mlee
Posts: 428
Joined: June 11th, 2015, 6:14 am

Post by mlee » June 3rd, 2017, 8:56 am

mlee wrote:
Kitty wrote:so many new sections !!!
mlee wrote:May I read:
Story 34 Clever Elsie
Story 52 King Thrushbeard
lee
yes you may, I'll sign you up, thanks ! :)

Theo, Larry and Evan, thank you for your sections, for the moment I'll update the MW and will try to PL them all tonight still. Stay tuned

Sonia

June 2
mlee

Here is story 34 Clever Elsie
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_031_grimm_128kb.mp3 8:25

lee


June 3
mlee

Here is story 52 King Thrushbeard (at last a story with "And they all lived happily ever after" and a good and clear moral)


https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_052_grimm_128kb.mp3

lee

jdnyenhuis
Posts: 18
Joined: May 23rd, 2016, 7:22 pm

Post by jdnyenhuis » June 3rd, 2017, 9:08 am

Can I claim 49 - The Six Swans ?
Jim Nyenhuis

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 3rd, 2017, 11:24 am

haha I knew this story already. I think when one after the other started crying in the cellar you had a hard time keeping a straight face while reading ;) You barely suppress a laughter at some points.

All wonderfully narrated and no textual errors. But the file number is wrong, it should have been 34 instead of 31. Could you please change the number and re-upload ? Thanks.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 3rd, 2017, 11:43 am

wow thank you, great readings both of them :9: You have a good narrating voice, clear and easy to listen too. And I love the giant's voice you are doing in the second tale. :mrgreen: Also no textual errors in that one so 183 can be marked PL ok

In story 174 there is a small error though:

> at 2:19: "armed with spears, hay-forks, scythes, and axes" - you say "skies" here, which does not really make any sense

The rest is fine, could you only correct this one sentence and reupload please ? :)

thanks

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 3rd, 2017, 11:58 am

SaraHale wrote:Hello, Sonia. :D Here's story 117, The Wilful Child.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_117_grimm_128kb.mp3
Time is 1:30.
thank you Sara ! What a weird tale :shock: When this arm came out of the grave that was like a serious "Carrie" moment :help:

But: your reading is nice, clear and comprehensible, very well done. This is PL ok. :clap:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 3rd, 2017, 11:59 am

jdnyenhuis wrote:Can I claim 49 - The Six Swans ?
sure Jim, I'll sign you up :) Thanks for helping out here !

Sonia

SaraHale
Posts: 875
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » June 3rd, 2017, 12:06 pm

Kitty wrote:
SaraHale wrote:Hello, Sonia. :D Here's story 117, The Wilful Child.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_117_grimm_128kb.mp3
Time is 1:30.
thank you Sara ! What a weird tale :shock: When this arm came out of the grave that was like a serious "Carrie" moment :help:

But: your reading is nice, clear and comprehensible, very well done. This is PL ok. :clap:

Sonia
I totally agree with you. Thank you, Sonia. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20236
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 3rd, 2017, 12:13 pm

mlee wrote:Here is story 52 King Thrushbeard (at last a story with "And they all lived happily ever after" and a good and clear moral)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_052_grimm_128kb.mp3
lee
I see you have been quite prolific today Lee :) now this is a big classic and a favourite of mine. :9: nicely read and no errors found :thumbs: totally PL ok. Thanks

Sonia

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1073
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » June 3rd, 2017, 12:39 pm

Kitty wrote:at 2:19: "armed with spears, hay-forks, scythes, and axes" - you say "skies" here,
Thank you for the compliments!

I'm sorry to disagree, but at 2:19 I do indeed say "skyTHes".
"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

Post Reply