COMPLETE[Eco]U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency by A Crozier - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

ke126 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 9:34 am Uploaded section 15 - Chapter 13: Money is the Power

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_15_crozier_128kb.mp3

Duration: 40:40

***QUESTION for kathrinee & aniroo***
I believe there is a typo on pg 215 - "Returning now to the steel trusts $75,000,000,000 ....". I'm sure this is supposed to be "$75,000,000" based on the entire rest of the chapter! I have nevertheless read it as written (75 billion) [on the recording it's @ 13:37].
Please let me know if you want me to correct it..!

Thanks-
Kristin

Section 15 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

You made a rather dry subject very understandable. Thanks,

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
ke126

Post by ke126 »

aniroo wrote: April 1st, 2019, 10:09 am
ke126 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 9:34 am Uploaded section 15 - Chapter 13: Money is the Power

I believe there is a typo on pg 215 - "Returning now to the steel trusts $75,000,000,000 ....". I'm sure this is supposed to be "$75,000,000" based on the entire rest of the chapter! I have nevertheless read it as written (75 billion) [on the recording it's @ 13:37].

Thanks-
Kristin

aniroo
Thanks aniroo!! I assume you’re ok with what looks to me like a typo on the original..?

- Kristin
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 16 - 48:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_16_crozier_128kb.mp3

There was a table of figures that I read fairly quickly, figuring listeners wouldn't be listening that closely to it. If it sounds too rushed, I can massage it and make it slower. Let me know. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

ke126 wrote: April 1st, 2019, 10:23 am
aniroo wrote: April 1st, 2019, 10:09 am

Thanks-
Kristin

aniroo
Thanks aniroo!! I assume you’re ok with what looks to me like a typo on the original..?

- Kristin
Absolutely :D
, read what is written.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TriciaG wrote: April 1st, 2019, 2:39 pm Section 16 - 48:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_16_crozier_128kb.mp3

There was a table of figures that I read fairly quickly, figuring listeners wouldn't be listening that closely to it. If it sounds too rushed, I can massage it and make it slower. Let me know. :)
SEction 16 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

The table sounded just fine. I followed along as I do with tables and I had no problem with the speed. Well done.

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TriciaG wrote: April 4th, 2019, 1:25 pm Section 22 - 38:17

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_22_crozier_128kb.mp3

Section 22 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Thanks,

aniroo
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for recordings and claims and DPLing :clap:
Kathrine
Amsilverny

Post by Amsilverny »

kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for the recording and welcome! Congratulations on submitting your first recording, and a long one at that! I have put it in the magic window (that scrolling window in the first post) and it will be prooflistened to.

Here is your reader's page in the catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/13279 If you would like to go by some other name in the catalog, please let me know so I can fix it.

What a pleasant voice you have! :D

I checked the technical settings of your recording. A few of them need adjustment:
-the recording needs to be mono (this one is stereo)
-the bit rate should be 128 kbps and constant
-the volume should be a bit higher. We aim for 89 dB and accept 87-91dB. This recording is 79.4dB. Recording software normally lets you amplify to adjust the volume.

I don't know what software you are using--if you are using Audacity and would like any guidance, I'm happy to try help (I don't use the most current version myself yet, but hopefully we can figure it out). Please try to fix what you can, save with this filename: usmoney_09_crozier_128kb.mp3, upload again, and post in the thread :thumbs:
Kathrine
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi,

I'm aniroo and I'm the DPL for this project. Dedicated Proof Listener. That means that I have to make sure that all sections conform to certain technical specifications before they can go into the catalog. You read beautifully, :thumbs: but the technical issues need to be taken care of before it can be cataloged. Sorry the list is so long, but once you have the settings fixed, you shouldn't have to do them for the next section you record, and I hope you do record more; don't get discouraged. :D

The name of the file has to conform to the other sections, name the fileusmoney_09_crozier_128kb.mp3, the 9 represents the section, not the chapter.
  • It must be a mono file not stereo, you notice that your file has two rows of little blue wavy lines? That's stereo
    It must be save in 128 kbps, kilobytes per second
    It must be saved as
441. kz, kilohertz
Here is a link that will guide you through the process in Audacity, which is free to download if you don't have it. A lot of people in LibriVox use it so they can help you out. If you don't use Audacity, you can go to the forum for whatever software you are using. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqmCOxOs_pM

Every section has to have an intro and an outro. You need to record them and then you can copy/paste them at the beginning and the end.
The script for the intro and outro is posted just before the MW(Magic Window)

Here is the intro, you will say Section 9: Section [number] of U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency, "Aldrich plan.". This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency, "Aldrich plan.", by Alfred Owen Crozier. [Chapter Title as per MW]"

Here is the outro: At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency, "Aldrich plan.", by Alfred Owen Crozier. "

The volume is a little too quiet. Yours is 79.4 and it needs to be at least 86dB but not more than 92dB. I use the Checker program to see the volume. The Checker program has been programmed to filter for all the LibriVox requirements, including volume. Download here https://cgjennings.ca/checker.html

If you are using Audacity, go to the menu bar at the top and choose Amplify, select the entire file and amplify

At the beginning of the file there should be no more than 1/2 second of silence, you have about 2 secconds. Just highlight 1.5 seconds and press DELETE.
At the end of the file there should be 5 seconds of silence. You can Generate silence in Audacity. Put your cursor at the end of the file and go to GENERATE> Silence > and fix the counter for 5 seconds.

It might depend on what version of Audacity you are using, but if something here doesn't work for you, just post a question I or someone else will help. I found a lot of useful videos on You tube with search words, Librivox and Audacity.

I have some other notes for things like repeats and pauses. I'll add them on another post.

Once all the issues have been taken care of, submit it again and post the new time, it will be different with the addition of the intro and outro.

Thanks for all your hard work, :clap:
aniroo :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

More PL Notes for SEciton 9. :D

Most of these notes are for repeats. It's usually where you say the same word or phrase twice. I do it all the time when I record. :oops: You just have to go back and listen before you submit and delete the one you don't like . Just highlight the "bad" section and delete it. Someone suggested that you start at the last time and work forward, otherwise the times will all be "off" . After you resubmit the edited file, I will only check these times, it's called a spot PL.

I'll give you the approximate time on you file where I heard the repeat and try to give you some of the words involved.

@2:42 repeat "potent"
@6:14 check this for the correct number
@13:57 a long pause in the middle of sentence.
@16:17-16:25 a long pause with a "click" sound in the middle
@18:51 you read 2 million of capital, but it is 2 billion of capital, Just record the correct words and cut/paste them
@19:58 repeat "go unchecked virtually"
@22:28 repeat "the following letter.... Aldrich Central Bank
@at 22:30-22:35 there is a very long pause you can just high light some of it and delete. You don't need to delete all of it, just listen and see what sounds like a natural pause.
@25:05 there was what I noted as an ODD sound. a mechanical sound, just highlight and delete
@25:05 there is a long pause
@ 26:40 repeat "I have noticed"
@27:42 repeat of sediment/sentiment
@27:54 repeat of a plan of educated/ education
@28:46-28:50 long pause
@30:10 -30:14 long pause
@38:42 repeat withstanding/outstanding
@39:02 read 30 million / should be 300 million
@41:05 repeat entactment/enactment
@41:42 repeat intmation
@42:05 repeat of Pickwickian

This is a long list, but please don't get discouraged. :thumbs: You read great, :clap: it was a long section and very tricky, lots of big humbers and don't get me started on those letters :P
Amsilverny

Post by Amsilverny »

Thanks aniroo!! I'll work on those edits and then reupload :)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Amsilverny wrote: April 9th, 2019, 4:27 pm Thanks aniroo!! I'll work on those edits and then reupload :)

:thumbs: aniroo
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »