COMPLETE[Eco]U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency by A Crozier - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 2:

45:14-45:22 - long pause between end of text and "End of chapter 2 part 1" note. Please cut this down to about 3 seconds at most.

45:25-45:28 - longish pause between "End of.." and "recording by". Might want to tighten this up a bit. (I keep thinking there is no more audio, when there is.) ;)

10 seconds of silence at end; since you're in there, please cut this down to 5 seconds.

Section 5:
PL OK!

In case Kim doesn't come back, here's a summary:
In 1908, the National Monetary Commission was established by Congress to study financial boom-and-bust cycles. Senator Nelson Aldrich (Republican-RI) was chair of the commission. He, in secret enclave with a group of bankers, drafted what was called The Aldrich Plan, which provided for a central "bank" that would hold funds individual banks could borrow in the case of a bank run, print currency, and act as the fiscal agent of the US government. However, the plan gave little power to the government and seemed to give almost absolute control of the country's currency to Wall Street financiers. This 1912 book outlines the dangers and supposed duplicity of The Aldrich Plan while it was being debated in Congress. (The plan was eventually defeated, but was used as a basis for the Federal Reserve Act, which was signed into law in 1913.) - Summary by TriciaG
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

If you are still looking for a DPL, I'd be glad to do it.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you Tricia!
aniroo wrote: May 1st, 2018, 5:55 am If you are still looking for a DPL, I'd be glad to do it.

aniroo
That would be great! I'll put you in the MW
Kathrine
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #2 PL OK

Nicely done. Held my interest. :clap: :thumbs:

aniroo
Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

kathrinee wrote: April 1st, 2018, 8:12 pm I listened to section 00, since we seem to be without a DPL for now. Sorry you had to wait so long!

Great reading! Just one PL note: please shorten the silence at the end to only 5 seconds (after you have said "End of ... etc"). Please save with the same name, upload again and post in the thread. Thank you for your work :thumbs:
No worries on the wait! I only just noticed this today anyway :lol:
Here that is, now at 3:01

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_00_crozier_128kb.mp3
--**--**--
Zinkies!
MacKenzie Nikol Greenwood

Soil enthusiast, word nerd.
Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

TriciaG wrote: April 30th, 2018, 7:05 am Section 2:

45:14-45:22 - long pause between end of text and "End of chapter 2 part 1" note. Please cut this down to about 3 seconds at most.

45:25-45:28 - longish pause between "End of.." and "recording by". Might want to tighten this up a bit. (I keep thinking there is no more audio, when there is.) ;)

10 seconds of silence at end; since you're in there, please cut this down to 5 seconds.
I did the things!
Here's this one too, at 45:30 -
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/usmoney_02_crozier_128kb.mp3
--**--**--
Zinkies!
MacKenzie Nikol Greenwood

Soil enthusiast, word nerd.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you so much for your edits :)
Kathrine
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Sections _00 and #2 PL OK.

I used the PL notes given in the forum for these sections since I hadn't become DPL when they were posted.

aniroo
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you :thumbs:
Kathrine
kleungcanada

Post by kleungcanada »

Hello!

I would like to claim #7
Chapter 5 - Inflation and Contraction

It is my first recording. Please use "Kevin Leung" for the catalog listing.

Thanks.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Thanks ! It's yours !
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you, both!

Kevin -- here is your reader's page https://librivox.org/reader/12669 :D You can always find it by searching your name in the catalog (librivox.org) or by clicking the link with your name in the Magic Window (the scrolling window in the first post of a project) where you have signed up to read. I use mine to keep track of my claims.

Please let us know if you run into any trouble :thumbs:
Kathrine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll help out on this. I'll take sections 2 and 3. :)

(Hi, Kevin! We're over in Durham Region.) :thumbs:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
kleungcanada

Post by kleungcanada »

Nice. Thanks for the link!

I actually finished a first recording of the chapter a couple weeks ago. I need to go back and polish all the parts with numbers (e.g. $23,456,342,100). I was so tempted to just say "gazillion dollars" every single time. I have a couple work deadlines for next week so my plan is to submit the file for review sometime after next weekend.

I'm getting comfortable with Audacity. One thing I want to know is how best to manage the recordings. I usually record 4 to 6 sentences for each track. I then mute all previous tracks, home the cursor to t=0, and start a new track. At the end, I copy and paste one by one to a combined track. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this.

BTW, the sentences are super long. I have had to redo quite a few of them to put the pauses in the appropriate places.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

kleungcanada wrote: July 26th, 2018, 10:39 pm Nice. Thanks for the link!

I actually finished a first recording of the chapter a couple weeks ago. I need to go back and polish all the parts with numbers (e.g. $23,456,342,100). I was so tempted to just say "gazillion dollars" every single time. I have a couple work deadlines for next week so my plan is to submit the file for review sometime after next weekend.

I'm getting comfortable with Audacity. One thing I want to know is how best to manage the recordings. I usually record 4 to 6 sentences for each track. I then mute all previous tracks, home the cursor to t=0, and start a new track. At the end, I copy and paste one by one to a combined track. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this.

BTW, the sentences are super long. I have had to redo quite a few of them to put the pauses in the appropriate places.
I usually do the section in one take, if I can. Even if it's too long to do in one sitting, I just start where I left off on the first track. You can add a second track if you need to make corrections and just cut and paste the corrections into the first track and then delete the errors from the first track. I found a lot of helpful videos on YOU TUBE with the search terms Audacity and Librivox. Hope this helps.
aniroo