[COMPLETE] Laws by Plato - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No, Excursus is separate and lengthy and I will record it. As for the short piece from the Intro and Analysis section, I will add it to the end of Section 2 and resend to Cheryl. I don't like asking her to go back, but it is very short and I hope will be not too much trouble. Also, I hesitate to prolong this discussion, but the paragraph-style rendition of the dialogues (twelve books) is prefaced with the term preamble. Does that make you think that I am supposed to record both that rendition of the books as well as the dialogue rendition of the books? They are slightly different in expression, but not really substantially so. Finally, when I went on-line to see what the Jowett translation looked like, I didn't see this duplicated setup. I guess what I am asking is should I just record the whole thing as it is (both renditions) because, after all, that is the way it exists in this particular volume. Lastly, I should say that I don't mind doing the whole thing. So maybe that is the end of the discussion. Do you agree to my proceeding by recording both full-length sections (twelve books in each), even though they are very similar, except in formatting? It seems a little crazy, but that is what in the assigned source. I guess I have talked myself into this resolution and will proceed with that unless I hear from you to do otherwise.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I see what you mean now. I guess that the portion in the prefatory material is the "analysis"? It's about 75,000 words, or approximately 8 more hours of reading.

Maybe that's why the prefatory material wasn't in the original solo. :roll:

Is there another Jowett edition out there, such as on Archive, where the material you've read so far is the same but doesn't have the duplication/analysis? You could switch source texts.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Ebooks. Adelaide. EDU. But to clarify it is the actual text, the books, that are repeated in the other source. If the Australian text is in the public domain, it may be the answer to our problem or question. If this one doesn't work out, I'm happy to record the eight hours. Thanks.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/p/plato/p71l/contents.html

That text will work, but it doesn't have the Excursus. So if you decide to switch to it, the Excursus is out.

Choices:
1. Stick with the Gutenberg text and do the extra 8 hours, or
2. Go with Adelaide and omit the Excursus.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks so much for your help and your patience. Finally, I feel obligated to the original assignment--that way we know we are presenting the work that was actually assigned, no matter its oddities or aberrations or mysterious repetitions. I'll try to avoid dragging you through this sort of thing again. Yours, Jim

PS. I am still going to append the short end of the Intro to Section 2 and ask Cheryl to look at it there.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

CHERYL, I HAVE ADDED THE REST OF THE INTRO TO INTRO PART 2. YOU STOPPED AT THE WORD UTTERANCES, END OF 5 (V) AND WILL PICK UP AT 6 (V1) TO THE END. IT'S SHORT, BUT I'M SORRY TO ASK YOU TO GO BACK. THE NEW FILE IS THERE WITH THE READY FOR PL. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Do you have the approximate time stamp for the change? :) That would be helpful as well.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I think it is around 50.00, but I can check tonight. Jim

Sorry I wasn't thinking. i have access here away from home of course. 51:20 is it. And the next section begins with the numeral VI.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 3, addition to Preamble, part 2, PL OK
Not a problem at all.
I am happy to PL any revisions. I have the easy job.
Really easy in your case, Jim, as there have been no problems to report and recheck, so far in everything I have heard you record. Interesting discussion, insight, into the decisions when doing a book project. I was hoping to learn something in this work - and see I already have. Heavy man. :wink:
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 3 PL OK
Cheryls
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I appreciate your help and supportive attitude.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 4 PL OK
Cheryls :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Excuse the excessive flattery, but you are amazing. Thanks
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 5 PL OK
Here's a question about the MW - Shouldn't section 6 be Book 1, not book 2?
Cheryls
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

INDEED. I INHERITED THAT SYSTEM, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHAPTER 1 ENTRY, BUT I WILL CHANGE IT AS I ENTER, I GUESS. THE CHAPTER ONE IS ALREADY TAKEN. I HAVE ADDED A NEW SECTION. SEE YA!

OOPS! YO HAVE ALREADY READ IT. OH MY. YOU ARE QUICK. THANKS