[COMPLETE] The Old Adam by Arnold Bennett - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks everybody , let me know if there are any changes wanted or needed
This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-old-adam-by-arnold-bennett/
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Hi Anne,

You've already catalogued, but I could still edit the introduction. But from what I can see on the web, it is the other way round - or rather the English title was 'The Regent' and 'The Old Adam' would have been the first American release. And, wait for it... We already have The Regent in the catalogue and read by Andy Minter! :oops:

https://librivox.org/the-regent-by-arnold-bennett/

I guess there is no problem with us reading it again as a tribute, but I am not sure how to link the two recordings?

Phil

annise wrote: September 10th, 2018, 12:48 am winging it's way to Archive,
I was looking around and saw it was released as "the regent" in it's 2nd American release and it's a sequel to 'the card" - do you want to mention either of these ? facts in your summary
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Ah well - it happens sometimes. I told another reader that the book he wanted to read wasn't in the catalogue (he wanted to expand the catalogue) and it was only when I listened to the end product that I realised I'd heard it - and the first copy had a completely different name :oops:
I would link them, but you could say in the summary also released under the title "The Regent" if you wanted. Otherwise, we could just pretend we didn't notice before it was catalogued - which is quite true

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

I've done a little editing on the title and now I think I have a good book to listen to - Andy's recording of The Card. Let's move on!
annise wrote: September 10th, 2018, 10:34 pm Ah well - it happens sometimes. I told another reader that the book he wanted to read wasn't in the catalogue (he wanted to expand the catalogue) and it was only when I listened to the end product that I realised I'd heard it - and the first copy had a completely different name :oops:
I would link them, but you could say in the summary also released under the title "The Regent" if you wanted. Otherwise, we could just pretend we didn't notice before it was catalogued - which is quite true

Anne