COMPLETE: The Life Everlasting by Marie Corelli -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Wonderful Erin, thank you!

I had not heard of Free Opinions Freely Expressed, but just looked it up and it will be next on my reading list! I have been reading Ardath, and am collecting the old copies of all her books through ebay. I see there are a few old copies of that one available! Thank you for the recommendation!

Chapter 2 will be up soon
:D
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I'm looking forward to chapter 2!

I see that there are six copies of Free Opinions on the Internet Archive (archive.org). I completely understand if you prefer to read from a physical copy, but if you wanted to you could download it and start reading it tonight! Project Gutenberg have released quite a bit of Corelli, but there are still a few books online that haven't yet made it to their catalogue, which is why I mention it.

The book itself is a collection of essays, and she really doesn't pull her punches in some of them!
Off LV 25-28 March.
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Chapter 2 is up and ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lifeeverlasting_02_corelli_128kb.mp3 30:21 28:46kb

Erin I checked out the online version of Free Opinions...and then ordered an old copy! I will often start reading it online and then pick up where I left off in the book version. I just love the feel of an old book so much that I almost always read that way.

I love how strong she was in her thoughts and her willingness to share her ideas...I know she was highly criticized in her time, but I find great inspiration in her ideas. I am amazed at how modern so much of her writing sounds! Thank you for the recommendation :D
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 2 is PL OK!

I completely understand wanting to read from a printed book, especially if it has that old book smell! I hope your copy reaches you quickly. I want to hear what you think of it when you do get a chance to read it!

Have a good week!
Off LV 25-28 March.
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Chapter 3 is up and ready for PL! A lovely chapter you will enjoy :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lifeeverlasting_03_corelli_128kb.mp3 18:41 17.52kb
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 3 is PL OK, and you're right, that was nice!
Off LV 25-28 March.
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Hello Erin!

Chapter 4 is up and ready for PL :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lifeeverlasting_04_corelli_128kb.mp3 39.31 37.05KB

It has taken me so long to post again because now that the garden is in bloom and the kids are on summer break, I have much less quiet time than I do in the winter...but know it is still high priority and if it's silent for awhile, it is not a sign of forgetfulness!

I have my new (old) copy of Marie Corellis book "Free Opinions Freely Expressed" sitting waiting for me to read it, and though I have not yet started it I can already tell you that I am of the same mind as she is on so many things......

Enjoy!
Lisa
Newgatenovelist

Hurrah! Chapter 4 is PL OK!

Don't worry at all. My own recording is going really slowly, so I completely understand. It isn't a lack of enthusiasm, it's just life interfering with recording, and it happens to all of us. Please do take your time. Corelli will be still be here.
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Hello Erin and Jo!
I am just checking in to say I have not disappeared, and am looking forward to school starting in the fall so I can dive back into recording! I wanted to make sure you knew I was not abandoning the project, it is always on my mind :) I am guessing the beginning of September, if not sooner, I will be back to weekly posts. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Lisa
:clap: :clap: :clap:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for checking in, Lisa.
Jo
Newgatenovelist

Hello Lisa,

I wanted to let you know that I'll be away from my desk in September and slower than usual to PL. I'm still excited about this project, I just had a good work-related opportunity come up so I've jumped at the chance.

Take however long you need, it's not a problem - I just wanted to check in so you didn't think I'd run off!
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Hi Erin!

Thank you for the update, I am actually gearing up to start recording again, as the children are back in school and the house is quiet again! There is no rush on the PL though, but hopefully I will begin posting again next week.

Thank you and best wishes!
Lisa
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

Hello Erin,

Take your time getting to the PL, but here is the next chapter for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lifeeverlasting_05_corelli_128kb.mp3 39:28 37.01KB

Thank you!
Lisa
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »

And here is Chapter 6, ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lifeeverlasting_06_corelli_128kb.mp3 38:10 39.75kb

Thanks!
lisastatler

Post by lisastatler »