[Complete] Mutiny, Murder and Piracy - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
phxtopdog

Post by phxtopdog »

Looks like a fun project, as I love stories of mutiny, murder and piracy.

May I do #23, 28 and 30?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

phxtopdog wrote:Looks like a fun project, as I love stories of mutiny, murder and piracy.

May I do #23, 28 and 30?
Please do
phxtopdog

Post by phxtopdog »

Great, will work on these soon. Thanks!
Kryptonian

Post by Kryptonian »

Hello all,

New guy here! Would love to get started with a chapter here and see where it takes me. May I take #2 to start?
My Real Name/ Pseudonym: D. Scott. People just call me "Scott"
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kryptonian wrote:Hello all,

New guy here! Would love to get started with a chapter here and see where it takes me. May I take #2 to start?
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Kryptonian

Post by Kryptonian »

Lynnet wrote:

You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Thanks for the info Lynn,

I thought the 1-minute test was more for people who had not used audacity or done much recording previously, but didn't realise that was how I got on the official reader's list. Sorry for jumping the gun here, so to speak. Back when its all approved :)
My Real Name/ Pseudonym: D. Scott. People just call me "Scott"
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kryptonian wrote:
Lynnet wrote:

Lynne
Thanks for the info Lynn,

I thought the 1-minute test was more for people who had not used audacity or done much recording previously, but didn't realise that was how I got on the official reader's list. Sorry for jumping the gun here, so to speak. Back when its all approved :)
I didn't realize you were au fait with Audacity 8-) But it is to make sure that your set-up corresponds with Librivox standards. It should be a breeze for you, with adjustments quite simple if necessary. It isn't absolutely required to submit a test, just highly recommended... but if you're confident you meet the specs, just go ahead and record. I've already put you in for that section and added you to the catalog of readers.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you.
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »

May I read section 6? This looks very interesting!
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »

May I read section 6? This looks very interesting!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mbm0rxi wrote:May I read section 6? This looks very interesting!
Thank you for claiming
phxtopdog

Post by phxtopdog »

Here is my submission for #23, Fate of Seven Sailors Who Were Left On The Island of St. Maurice

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mutinymurderpiracy_23_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [07:11]

Ellery