Completel[GRP] Vagabonding Down the Andes/H.A.Franck dd'65-a

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

:roll: ......strange how I seem to miss the little things in the INSTRUCTIONS!!!! Found the link :shock:

Thanks/Annyiee
linny

Post by linny »

No problem at all. Nice thing about it is all the initial project posts are similar in structure so you'll get used to it quickly enough. Let me know if you have any more questions along the way. Enjoy your chapters!
blainej

Post by blainej »

Thanks for your feedback. I think I have made the adjustments you suggested. Video references were perfect. Attempted to correct volume drop.

file at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/vagabondingdowntheandes_31_franck_128k.mp3

Total length 37:45

Blaine
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Blaine,
Ending silence this time was ~8 seconds so I trimmed it down a touch. I hope you don't mind...I've been editing all day so everything was already open.

I'm glad you liked the videos. They aren't always the same version of the software I have but it's always been close enough for me. Here is the whole list of them if your interested in anything else. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi,

I apologize but I won't be able to read 34, 35, 36 or 37 in this book. Sorry about that.

Thanks/Annyiee
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate that.

I hope to see you around on another project. :thumbs:
blainej

Post by blainej »

Hi,
Uploaded Section 32, Chapter 18, Part 2 with a length of 36:13 at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/vagabondingdowntheandes_32_franck_128k.mp3

Please let me know if there are adjustments needed.
Blaine
blainej

Post by blainej »

linny,
I see the balance of the book, from 34 to 40 are unassigned. I want to claim them and give it a go. It may take me a couple weeks, but the author has me intrigued. A man of his era, indeed.
Blaine
linny

Post by linny »

That's great news, Blaine. Thank you.

Amy, that takes us to Readers Found. :clap:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! Over to Readers Found.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Linda Johnson
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Blaine,
Section 32 is PL OK. :thumbs:

That said, and only because you are new, here are some things you may want to consider for the future.
-Your volume fluctuates a little throughout. Maybe take a look at your compression/amplification settings or your movement while recording.
-Ending silence is at 5.5 seconds. Please don't let it get longer than this. We aim for 5 seconds.
-Unless specifically asked in the initial post we don't tend to read photo captions. When we do you might consider reading as "Readers note, there are 3 photos, caption 1 reads ...., caption 2 reads..., caption 3 reads..., end readers note."
-This one is completely listeners preference. Consider adding a second or two of silence between the end of a section and "end of chapter" statement. You know the section is coming to an ending but as the listener we don't so here we are listening along and "end of" seems jarring to the brain. Again, that's me and this certainly isn't a requirement.
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Linda,
Section 24 is PL OK. :thumbs:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'd like to put my claims back in the pot for someone else to read, please :9:
Kathrine
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Back to Readers Wanted.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood