[COMPLETE] Short Science Fiction Collection 058-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dale,
This isn't a word perfect project. Unintentional variances that don't change the meaning are okay. But we can't edit the text to suit the current day's sensibilities. It is like rewriting a history book. Please just avoid stories that say things you are uncomfortable saying.
PL OK. :thumbs:
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi Amy:
Thanks for all your work.

As I say, I can change it. It is an easy change. And you are the editor.

I try to pick authors that I like and are unrepresented, or under-represented. Laumer, Silverberg, Boucher....

But thanks for your comments

Dale
LisaRubio

Post by LisaRubio »

I'd like to try Suite Mentale by Randell Garrett. I was getting active with Librivox about a year ago until
I was diagnosed with some brain stuff. I'm not up to finishing what I started then, but I believe I can do a short story for you.
There are some Latin terms I need to research, so I'll start recording about the 1st of May?
I believe I know how to post the recording, if I get stuck or have any problems, I'll get back at cha.
Thanks, Lisa Rubio
Librivox, my favorite thing!!!
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi:

Another of my favorite authors.

THE YILLIAN WAY By KEITH LAUMER
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 36:50
Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/21782/21782-h/21782-h.htm
LV file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf058_yillian_laumer_dg_128kb.mp3

A question. Can i assume that there will be a Short Science Fiction 59 when this is full? I am away for a while, and have 5 more stories on my desk to add.

Dale
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dale,
Yes, it is ongoing. There will always be an open Short Science Fiction Collection.
Your contributions are appreciated and will be enjoyed by a lot of people.
I will PL this soon.
Thanks!
Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

LisaRubio wrote:I'd like to try Suite Mentale by Randell Garrett. I was getting active with Librivox about a year ago until
I was diagnosed with some brain stuff. I'm not up to finishing what I started then, but I believe I can do a short story for you.
There are some Latin terms I need to research, so I'll start recording about the 1st of May?
I believe I know how to post the recording, if I get stuck or have any problems, I'll get back at cha.
Thanks, Lisa Rubio
Sounds great, Lisa. I look forward to listening. If you need anything, let me know.
Cheers!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dale,
The Yillian Way is PL OK.
Thanks!
Amy :D
dg73

Post by dg73 »

Dan Gurzynski
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Dan! I will PL soon.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dan,
That's a nice one. PL OK. :thumbs:
Thank you!
Amy
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

My previous LV work: Bellona Times
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you for this, Matt! PL OK.
dg73

Post by dg73 »

Here's another for the collection;

A Traveller in Time by August Derleth
source: http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/40953/pg40953.txt

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf058_atravellerintime_derleth_dg_128kb.mp3
29.95 KB
Dur: 31:57

Trying out a new mic, MXL V67G. Hope it sounds ok!
Dan Gurzynski
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dan,
I will PL soon.
Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Dan,
A Traveler in Time is PL OK. :thumbs: Van Tromp...interesting
Thanks!