[COMPLETE] Mystery of the Ravenspurs by Fred M. White-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter the 27th has been posted, ready for scrutiny.
Thanks!! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aha the plot thickens, the contact between Mrs May and the Ravenspurs is deepening. And Marion definitely seems to recognize the woman from somewhere.

This chapter is again PL ok. No errors found whatsoever. Well done :clap:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Don't you love the peculiar interactions between Mrs. May and the Ravenspurs? 8-)

More bees .... chapter 28 has been posted, all set for your enjoyment, if that be what you are experiencing.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I had an evil pleasure in seeing Mrs May scared of the bees :twisted: A little taste of her own medecine.

I noticed this little side remark of Marion almost fainting at the sight of the bees....she might know more about them as well...

No errors found, PL ok again

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 29, posted and ready for a listen.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for keeping you waiting so long, but this afternoon was totally chaotic here at home and I had a huge PL backlog piled up. And I didn't want to listen to this chapter while being stressed with other matters, for that I want to enjoy it too much :9:

I am highly intrigued by Marion's discussion with Mrs May at the end. They know each other that's for sure. And it still doesn't explain this "look-alike". Maybe it is a twin-sister ? :hmm:

Found a small error again:

> at 6:55 - "and at a sign closed the door"- you say: "and a sign closed at the door", which does not really make much sense

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Absolutely no reason to apologize!!! Your contributions are most valuable and are much appreciated, so whenever you have the spare time to tend to this is icing on the cake.
Take whatever time you need. Life is more important, and I understand how it gets in the way sometimes. :lol:

I will tend to chapter 29 tomorrow, and will let you know when I've uploaded the fix.

Meanwhile, lucky you, chapter 30 has already been posted. Please - at your convenience only. There is no rush at all ! I don't push anybody to do volunteer work. :D

Thanks again so much. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah the long-awaited background story ! Well yes we all thought that the princess was the wife of this Englishman and therefore Marion's mother. I am a bit confused though, shouldn't he have been a Ravenspur as well ? So why did she not know that Ralph had family ties with her husband ? Also I am probably correct that she had twins and that the look-alike is Marion's twin sister. Has to be.

No errors this time, PL ok.

Now I wonder what the trick of silk thread is...what a cliffhanger !

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 29 has been patched and re-uploaded. It certainly does make more sense, doesn't it? :lol:

Thanks for the catch, and for finishing chapter 30 so quickly! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Chapter 29 has been patched and re-uploaded. It certainly does make more sense, doesn't it? :lol:
yes indeed :D nicely patched and PL ok now.

And you crossed the 50% mark now. We're half-way there !!!

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 31 has been posted. You may learn a bit about 'The Silk Thread'. :mrgreen:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent chapter, I love how Ralph foils Mrs May :mrgreen: ok I did not understand that the silk thread was still attached to the door and was THAT long :shock: I thought it was only a small thread lying there LOL that's why I didn't understand why it was moving, otherwise of course it would have been clear from the start

No errors, perfectly PL ok again

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 32 has now been posted. More from the past.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I had to laugh incredulously at Geoffrey's candid final question who the princess was. Did he really not guess by then that is was Mona May ? How naive can you be ? :lol:

Interesting chapter again, I guess we will soon find out what horrible torture the two have been put through.

Only one error found:

> at 2:36: "Some one ought to watch that room," he said. - I don't really know what exactly you say here, but it's not "ought". I hear something like "someone was up to watch that room", but it's unclear. It puzzled me a bit, even after listening to it four times.

Please have a listen and relieve me of my confusion as to what was said there :help:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Ahhh .... my (incorrect) sentence was "some of us ought to watch that room" rather than "some one ought to watch that room".

I will correct this and re-submit. Good catch! Thanks!!