Post by Roger »

Ready for some Tchigorsky back story? :wink:

Chapter 39 has been posted.
Thanks!! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

*shudder* to think that Tchigorsky and Ralph nearly escaped brain-surgery and brain-washing :help:

And now Geoffrey has to play dead...Mrs May will be astonished when she realizes how many people are still alive later on LOL

PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

And a bit more.
Chapter 40, uploaded and posted.

Thanks! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Yikes ! The iron cage torture was awful :help: Well now the scars in their faces have been amply explained. Interesting chapter. I see this as a longish scene if ever the movie is made :wink:

found a small error (I think, you can decide)

> at 4:05: " A second later and the horizontal bars over my face were white hot." - you say "over my head" but I think "face" is a bit more correct in this situation. If the bars had been over his head they probably would have done no harm :hmm: or is my understanding of these two words incorrect ?

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

That was a good catch! "Face" would definitely be more appropriate, and so I have made the necessary change.
Chapter 40, patched and re-uploaded.

Thanks!! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 40 PL ok now :) I'm always glad to be of help.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 41 has been posted.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah Vera is told after all. I almost thought she would in turn also tell Marion, and soon everybody would know LOL

one note (might be trivial):

> at 12:32: "I have even been so weak as to allow the secret of my life to escape me." - you say "ever" which technically changes the meaning a bit. But I'm not sure if it's really noticeable that much. I let you decide whether you want to change it

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

I definitely agree this should be changed, and I have thus made the modification.

Chapter 41 has been patched and re-uploaded.
Thanks for a good find! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Chapter 41 is PL ok :) wonderfully patched.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 42 has been posted.
Thanks! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I pity the old Ravenspur that he has to go through the mourning of Geoffrey, although he is still alive :( Somehow this whole charade seems overplayed.

Oh and I learnt a new pronunciation today: never would have thought "gunwale" was "gunnel", I probably would have pronounced it "gun-wail" :lol: I immediately had to look it up on wiktionary when I heard it. Are you a seasoned seaman, by any chance ?

Well done, yet again. PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Born and raised by the ocean, but by no means an expert seasoned seaman, although I spent a lot of time on the open seas when I was younger.
Seamanship has its own vocabulary, believe me. If you ever see a sea-related term that you're not certain of, I'd suggest looking it up, or asking somebody.
The most common error I've found is boatswain. Properly pronounced it is BO-zen. (Long 'O') There are many many others, and some are difficult, even impossible to locate online.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Born and raised by the ocean, but by no means an expert seasoned seaman, although I spent a lot of time on the open seas when I was younger.
unfortunately Luxembourg is land-locked, so we need to travel a few hours to get to the coast.
Seamanship has its own vocabulary, believe me. If you ever see a sea-related term that you're not certain of, I'd suggest looking it up, or asking somebody.
well I know who to ask now :mrgreen:
The most common error I've found is boatswain. Properly pronounced it is BO-zen.
:shock: NO ! what happened to the poor Swain in there ? LOL I'll definitely look those terms up before I make a fool of myself

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Luxembourg! I did not know you were from Luxembourg. How fascinating. It's no wonder you are so proficient in so many languages. :thumbs:

Chapter 43 has been uploaded and is ready for a listen at your convenience.