COMPLETE[POETRY]Cowboy Songs & Other- John Lomax-a

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 13th, 2017, 8:57 pm

Thanks, Kristin!


kwpapke
Posts: 151
Joined: February 18th, 2017, 10:40 am
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by kwpapke » October 15th, 2017, 2:11 pm

May I please be assigned:

39 Mississippi Girls
40 The Old Man Under the Hill
77 Jim Farrow
79 The Skew-Ball Black
84 The Shanty Boy
95 Rosin the Bow

--Kurt

silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 15th, 2017, 2:21 pm

kwpapke wrote:May I please be assigned:

39 Mississippi Girls
40 The Old Man Under the Hill
77 Jim Farrow
79 The Skew-Ball Black
84 The Shanty Boy
95 Rosin the Bow

--Kurt
Thanks so much! MW Updated. :thumbs:

kwpapke
Posts: 151
Joined: February 18th, 2017, 10:40 am
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by kwpapke » October 15th, 2017, 2:36 pm

silverquill wrote:
kwpapke wrote:May I please be assigned:
...
95 Rosin the Bow
Thanks so much! MW Updated. :thumbs:
I believe you missed the last one.

--Kurt

silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 15th, 2017, 5:53 pm

The MW froze on me, and I had to run to a meeting, but I've got it all now. Thanks again.

MrsHand
Posts: 3806
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » October 16th, 2017, 5:19 am


LowellMoore
Posts: 6
Joined: September 27th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Post by LowellMoore » October 18th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Hi There,
I am new to LibriVox but passed my test recording and am ready to try my hand at recording. I would like to claim #106 "A Man Named Hods". You can use my name, Lowell Moore, as the reader in the Catalogue. Since there are not real chapter numbers in this collection should I omit any chapter number in my recording ending or should I refer to this as "chapter 106"?
Thanks,
Lowell

silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 19th, 2017, 9:30 pm

LowellMoore wrote:Hi There,
I am new to LibriVox but passed my test recording and am ready to try my hand at recording. I would like to claim #106 "A Man Named Hods". You can use my name, Lowell Moore, as the reader in the Catalogue. Since there are not real chapter numbers in this collection should I omit any chapter number in my recording ending or should I refer to this as "chapter 106"?
Thanks,
Lowell
Welcome to LibriVox, Lowell :!:

I've added you to the LV catalog. When you click on you name in the Magic Window, it will bring up your catalog page where all of your contributions, etc. will be listed.

I've assigned this section to you.

The instructions for reading will always be found in the initial post of the project thread. The format for the intro and "outro" are found under point 7. We often use an abbreviated disclaimer for poetry or short prose collections and you'll find the special format there. Point 8 will have the format for naming the files that you submit.

If you have any questions, let me know. There's a lot to learn at the beginning, but it'll all become second nature soon..

LowellMoore
Posts: 6
Joined: September 27th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Post by LowellMoore » October 20th, 2017, 11:40 am

106 - A Man Named Hods is completed. The link is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/cowboysongs_106_lomax_128kb.mp3
length is 2:41
I am so new at this I certainly welcome any feedback you may offer.
Thanks,
Lowell

silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 20th, 2017, 1:04 pm

LowellMoore wrote:106 - A Man Named Hods is completed. The link is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/cowboysongs_106_lomax_128kb.mp3
length is 2:41
I am so new at this I certainly welcome any feedback you may offer.
Thanks,
Lowell
So, I thought I'd go ahead and listen to this one.
Love your reading style for this poem - perfect!
Volume is a little high, but within our range.

You are off to a wonderful start, Lowell. :clap:
Feel free to select a few more poems in this collection. Your voice is a great addition.

JudgeRuled
Posts: 6
Joined: September 28th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Post by JudgeRuled » October 21st, 2017, 8:29 am

Hello!

I would like to read sections 113 and 138 if that can be arranged. :)

silverquill
Posts: 10979
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 21st, 2017, 8:31 pm

JudgeRuled wrote:Hello!

I would like to read sections 113 and 138 if that can be arranged. :)
Yuv got 'em!



Post Reply