COMPLETE [DR] Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrewJ

Post by DrewJ »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_42_chaplain.mp3
1:45

Pretty sure I got the settings right, but this is the first recording I've done in a while.
If there's anything wrong, please let me know, I can take it (And make edits). :P
When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won. -Second Witch
Read some poetry?
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

cheesinglee wrote:Hi, I can take a shot at 44 Warden.
*Gasp!* That would be wonderful!! :D Thank you so much!

To find your lines, just look at the "Warden" section in the Magic Window (--it's #42). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find his line for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

And if you have ANY questions, please ask! :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on March 27th, 2017, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

DrewJ wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_42_chaplain.mp3
1:45

Pretty sure I got the settings right, but this is the first recording I've done in a while.
If there's anything wrong, please let me know, I can take it (And make edits). :P
Bravo!! :clap: You nailed it! PL OK! :thumbs:

The only tiny problem is that file name should include the chapter number -- "12" -- rather than the section number. But that's okay; it was an easy fix and I've already taken care of it.

Thank you so much, Drew! :) Feel free to claim any more! :wink:
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

OK - thought I'd start backwards this time - here's Chapter 22, Narrator:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_22_narrator.mp3 14 min 27.877 sec / 13.56 KB

(just ADORE that last paragraph - it's so cynical!! :D )
SherlHolmesMD

Post by SherlHolmesMD »

I'd be glad to take section 20: Mary Hardy. I think my English accent is passable, though if you would prefer a sample first, I can provide one.

Thank you!
Sherl Holmes, MD
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

And from the end to the beginning - Chapter 1 Narrator: 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_01_narrator.mp3 24 min 50.059 sec / 23.28 KB
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:OK - thought I'd start backwards this time - here's Chapter 22, Narrator:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_22_narrator.mp3 14 min 27.877 sec / 13.56 KB

(just ADORE that last paragraph - it's so cynical!! :D )
Eeeek!! Thanks, Christine! :clap:
Sorry, I guess I'm the only PLer for now, so I'm not sure how fast the PLing will go. I'll TRY to stay on top of things. :wink:
(Yeah, that was pretty funny! If she was anything like Jo, though -- being begged for "MORE STORIES" all the time -- I don't guess I blame her for having that temptation! :wink: )
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Oh, no worries - I'm not meaning to rush you. Just wanting to get as many chapters done as possible before the weeks before & after Easter, when I'll be doing a lot of singing at church, so might not have time to record. But no rush to PL them! 8-)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

SherlHolmesMD wrote:I'd be glad to take section 20: Mary Hardy. I think my English accent is passable, though if you would prefer a sample first, I can provide one.

Thank you!
That would be wonderful, Sherl! :D Thanks so much!
Eh, that's alright -- LibriVox doesn't have auditions; just do the best you can and it will be fine. :wink:

To find your lines, just look at the "Mary Hardy" section in the Magic Window. That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters she has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find his line for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

And if you have ANY questions, please ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:And from the end to the beginning - Chapter 1 Narrator: 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_01_narrator.mp3 24 min 50.059 sec / 23.28 KB
Haha, al-right! Thank you!! :mrgreen:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:Oh, no worries - I'm not meaning to rush you. Just wanting to get as many chapters done as possible before the weeks before & after Easter, when I'll be doing a lot of singing at church, so might not have time to record. But no rush to PL them! 8-)
Ah, thanks -- makes me feel better to read that. :)
Well, have fun singing at church! We're starting up our Easter choir practice, as well! :)
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Since this will be my 1st recording, I'm going to start with one character, Mary the Maid, Section 3. If all goes well and there are still more available, I may take on more characters.
I do have a couple questions, though: 1) How do I know if a character I am considering has a song? I did not see it in the information given on the list of characters. 2) If I choose a character whose voice blends in with several others at the same time, is that something you bring together through the magic of electronics, or does that have to be for people who record together? Silly questions, I know, but I might as well throw it out there!

I'm excited! This is going to be so much fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. :D

Laura
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

fjmartins has claimed Dr. Watkins (thank you!!).
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

rieyrules wrote:Since this will be my 1st recording, I'm going to start with one character, Mary the Maid, Section 3. If all goes well and there are still more available, I may take on more characters.
I do have a couple questions, though: 1) How do I know if a character I am considering has a song? I did not see it in the information given on the list of characters. 2) If I choose a character whose voice blends in with several others at the same time, is that something you bring together through the magic of electronics, or does that have to be for people who record together? Silly questions, I know, but I might as well throw it out there!

I'm excited! This is going to be so much fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. :D

Laura
Hi, Laura! Thanks for dropping in!! :D

That would be awesome if you read for her (and possiblly more later)!! I'll sign you up right away! :)

To find your lines, look in the "Mary, the Maid" section. There you'll find a list of all the chapters she has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all her lines for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Mary, the Maid, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

They're not silly questions -- thanks for asking! :)

1) The characters who sing solos have a "Sings solo in Chapter..." note next to their name in the Magic Window. There are other characters who don't sing solos, but sing the group song at the end -- I didn't put any kind of note next to their name (but you can see who these people are by looking at the Chapter 21 Text). Mary doesn't do any singing.

2) Yes, the "unison" lines will be edited together later by a volunteer editor. So, yeah, anyone can read one of these lines; they don't have to record alongside the other people who also read the line.

Thank you!! I think dramatic readings are exciting, too! :clap:
arkany

Post by arkany »

Hey there,

If it's alright with everyone, I would love to play the role of Dr. Morrison and Captain Hardy!