[Complete] Mystery of the Chinese Ring - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lurcherlover wrote:I've just noticed that artwork in the form of the cover for the book has appeared like magic! (Along with a write up of the story etc).

I've decided i would love to do the "Brazilian Gold Mine Mystery" and have filled out the Book launch Pad form. Hope this is correct!

Peter
Ha... the blurb wasn't magic. I copied and pasted your summary 8-) The summary you put on the form in Launch Pad is used by default, but when you entered the new one, I copied and pasted (hint: in future recordings, if you change your summary, let your MC know... it's not automatically updated and you'd be amazed at how many people get that wrong).
As for the CD cover... if you click on "download cd cover", you don't have to actually download it but you can see who designed it. In this case, the LV volunteer was David Purdy and yes, he used the book cover. There was a good picture (which was PD) which he could use (and you'll see he credited the original artist). Often, especially with older books, the cover is plain, so the 'team' has more artistic input. I don't know where they get the pictures -- probably google or something; but I think they read the summary and make an educated guess as to what the cover could look like.