COMPLETE Faery tales from Hans Christian Andersen -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
minerva1217

Post by minerva1217 »

loon wrote:minerva1217
a.k.a. Rachael
Section 34 - "The Story of a Mother" - is now PL OL - thank you for the fix.
Hi! I just noticed that I had the wrong section number. I am so sorry! :oops:

I've made the fix and changed it to Section 35 in the intro and outro. Same duration, no other edits.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_35_andersen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 14.00
minerva1217

Post by minerva1217 »

loon wrote:
The level on this section is too high, if you reopen your section and lower the volume by 3 or 3 1/2 dB it should end up in the middle of the range.

Your edit at 4:27 is pretty rough. In general it's best to not try an edit in the middle of a phrase unless you really want a challenge. But all the words are there, so if you lower the level on the whole section that edit will pass as well.
Thanks for the edits! I've lowered the volume, and went in and re-recorded that rough edit at 4:27. Thanks for the catch and tips. Let me know if you need any more!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_34_andersen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 17.44
loon

Post by loon »

Thanks.

I'm just about to start my workday and will most likely conk out immediately when I get home - I'll probably get back to listening in 20ish hours.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all! i need to confess something though> i messed up the adding a new section to the magic window. i thought i can just fix the section numbers during cataloging but i forgot about intros and outros. so what i did now is move the winds tale to the bottom so that the right order is restored (only the winds tale is now out of order. ill write to rachel and mushie to see if we can manage. sorry about that!
Carolin
loon

Post by loon »

minerva1217 wrote: Thanks for the edits! I've lowered the volume, and went in and re-recorded that rough edit at 4:27. Thanks for the catch and tips. Let me know if you need any more!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_34_andersen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 17.44
The levels come in fine now, and the section around 4:27 is much better. Now we have the problem of the section numbers - "The Tinder Box" is back to being section 33. I guess it falls on you to edit your original section 33 intro and outro back onto the story and re-upload. There is one more little touch-up you could do: in the 5 seconds at the end of your recording there are a couple of clunks (maybe you are reaching over to stop your recording??) Your choice here, but you could fade the volume out right after you finish the "recording by Rachel Lundsrom" and get rid of those clunking sounds.

I have the copy of "The Story of a Mother" I downloaded a couple days ago with the original "section 34" at the beginning and end. I can re-upload that after we get "The Tinder Box" back into place as section 33.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you rich! again, my apologies for the confusion.
Carolin
MiFuVoice

Post by MiFuVoice »

Section 41: The Swineherd, is read for PL. This was so much fun to do! Lots of fun character voices to play around with and a very charming story.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_41_andersen_128kb.mp3 10:35

Let me know if there's any obvious French/German miss pronounced things as I know neither very well, but looked up pretty good pronunciation guides for them. For the song I did it in German then in English for the first time it's sung through, then at the end. Let me know if that works or if you just want either the German only or English only translation at any point :D
mushie

Post by mushie »

Here's the repost of the audio with the new section number.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_44_andersen_128kb.mp3 25:27
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

MiFuVoice wrote:For the song I did it in German then in English for the first time it's sung through, then at the end. Let me know if that works or if you just want either the German only or English only translation at any point :D
I think that's fine, but we will also hear richs opinion on how it sounds. Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

I have a quick question before I start reading The Snow Queen. This is my first reading where it had two parts to it. How should I begin and end each reading? Do I say Snow Queen part 1 or End of section 25 part 1? Or do I just say Section 25 of Faery tales from.... and End of section 25?
Thank you!
Pat
loon

Post by loon »

pjcsaville wrote:I have a quick question before I start reading The Snow Queen. This is my first reading where it had two parts to it. How should I begin and end each reading? Do I say Snow Queen part 1 or End of section 25 part 1? Or do I just say Section 25 of Faery tales from.... and End of section 25?
Thank you!
Pat
Pat
I'll suggest
start with
----Faery Tales from Hans Christian Andersen, Translated by Mrs. Edgar Lucas. The Snow Queen, part 1
end with
----End of section 25

start with
----Faery Tales from Hans Christian Andersen, Translated by Mrs. Edgar Lucas. The Snow Queen, part 2
end with
----End of section 26

(but let's see what Carolin wants. Carolin is the boss.)
loon

Post by loon »

MiFuVoice wrote:Section 41: The Swineherd, is read for PL. This was so much fun to do! Lots of fun character voices to play around with and a very charming story.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_41_andersen_128kb.mp3 10:35

Let me know if there's any obvious French/German miss pronounced things as I know neither very well, but looked up pretty good pronunciation guides for them. For the song I did it in German then in English for the first time it's sung through, then at the end. Let me know if that works or if you just want either the German only or English only translation at any point :D
Heh! I'm not the one to be judging French or German pronunciation -- sounds fine to me. Also, the story explicitly says the ladies-in-waiting weren't very good at French, so anything you did to the 'superbe' would be just right. wink and grin Singing the footnote English lyrics right after the German ones is a good idea.

I believe you said Translated by Miss Edgar Lucas rather than Translated by Mrs. Edgar Lucas at the beginning -- we'll let that be.

Section 41 - "The Swineherd" - PL OK.
Thanks Michelle!
loon

Post by loon »

mushie wrote:Here's the repost of the audio with the new section number.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_44_andersen_128kb.mp3 25:27
Oops, hang on. You have the last chapter in the book, so your ending needs to be:

End of section 44.
(Option to include - Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address])
End of Faery Tales from Hans Christian Andersen, by Hans Christian Andersen. Translated by Mrs. Edgar Lucas.

Sorry, I missed calling that out the first time you submitted the section.
taylcc

Post by taylcc »

Section 08 , A Picture from the Ramparts...he lived in a different time but the contrasts in life never change.

Also, Section 22, Great Claus and Little Claus were already PL approved? Now says PL ready?
Running time: 2:28.06 (m:ss.ss)

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_08_andersen_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Cal