COMPLETE Faery tales from Hans Christian Andersen -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

kgibson4 wrote:
Carolin wrote:
Hi and welcome to Librivox!

You are welcome to read that chapter. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please wait for feedback on your test recording and work on possible issues if needed before getting started. Thank you :)
Thank you! I'm just ironing out my test issues. Once I get a complete one up I'll start on Paradise. My name can appear as Katie Gibson. I don't have a website up just yet but I'll be sure to get you a link when I do!
thank you katie! i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/11688
Carolin
mushie

Post by mushie »

This was an enjoyable, but challenging undertaking. I hope the quality is up to par!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_01_andersen_128kb.mp3 25:28

Michelle
loon

Post by loon »

mushie wrote:This was an enjoyable, but challenging undertaking. I hope the quality is up to par!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_01_andersen_128kb.mp3 25:28

Michelle
Michelle -
Your reading - section 43 - "The Ugly Duckling" - is PL OK.

Unfortunately you uploaded it as section 01 (which would be "The Mermaid"). I renamed your file and re-uploaded it with the proper file name:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/faerytales_43_andersen_128kb.mp3,
so it will now be in the proper place when Carolin gathers all the chapters into the finished book. Luckily section 01 has not yet been submitted, so you didn't overwrite anything.

I heard your breath getting into the microphone and making popping sounds here and there in your section - not so loud or so many that your section is not good - but something you can work on in future recordings. I'm going to look around in the forums to see if there is a tutorial on avoiding plosives. If I find something I think is good I'll come back and post a link to it below.

With your submission 60% of the sections of Faery Tales from Hans Christian Andersen are complete. Huzzah!
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both!
Carolin
mushie

Post by mushie »

Thanks Rich! I was struggling with recording without noise, or getting rid of it after the fact without losing too much. I'm very eager to improve in that area!!
loon

Post by loon »

mushie wrote:Thanks Rich! I was struggling with recording without noise, or getting rid of it after the fact without losing too much. I'm very eager to improve in that area!!
Michelle -
I didn't find an extensive article about pops in my search through the LibriVox forums, let me suggest...
1) Move your hand around in front of your mouth while you say "puh-puh-puh" - you'll feel your breath concentrated in a relatively small area. That's where you don't want to put the microphone.
2) If that's not enough you'll want a pop filter. Take a peek at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_filter to see what one looks like. You can buy a pop filter at a store that caters to musicians for maybe $15, or you can build one yourself out of a bent-up metal coat hanger and some nylon stocking material. (A prettier version can be made using an embroidery hoop and nylon stocking.) The tricky bit with a pop filter is getting the mic, the pop filter, and your mouth all lined up and still be able to see your chapter so you can read.
3) Listen on headphones while you record. If you hear popping Ps, stop and figure out if you can reposition yourself to fix things before you proceed. It's so much easier to have recorded the section without popping noised than to try to fix them afterwards.

The more you record the more you'll tune up your techniques. Then you can concentrate on having fun.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
AkMantis

Post by AkMantis »

This would be my first time doing a recording and if it is still available, I would like to claim:

42 The Travelling Companions

If I am able to claim it, the name I would like listed is: AkMantis
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have a number of orphans!
Carolin
taylcc

Post by taylcc »

Carolin, could I please claim 8 and 18?
Warm regards,
Cal
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

If I were to claim a 30 page story would I be able to split it into two pieces or record the whole thing in one shot?
Thanks
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you cal!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

pjcsaville wrote:If I were to claim a 30 page story would I be able to split it into two pieces or record the whole thing in one shot?
Thanks
you mean the snow queen right? i must have overlooked its length when i split some other sections. i have added an extra section for it. would you like to claim it in two pieces?
Carolin
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Yes Please! Would you like me to stop part 1 right before story 4? Its about the middle.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

yes, thats good :)

thank you!
Carolin