COMPLETE Old, Old Fairy Tales, L Valentine-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

sahs wrote:I would like to claim chapter 22, I'm new to recording so please list me in the LibriVox catalogue as Sahs.
RalphTouchett wrote:I'd like to read section 4 please.

This is my first time recording - in the catalogue I'd like to be cited as Nathan K.

Thank you!
Sahs and Nathan,

Welcome to the project! I have noted your claims in the MW. You each have a reader page which you can use to track your open sections, including PL Notes.
Sahs: https://librivox.org/reader/11624
Nathan: https://librivox.org/reader/11625

We strongly recommend that you complete the 1 minute test before you dive into recording on a project. It's not an audition, but an important way for us to check that your technical set up is right. Archive has certain requirements for the files we submit when a project is cataloged, and it is better to get that sorted out on a short reading (it's really only about 30 seconds) before you spend a lot of time on something more substantive. Instructions are here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
With a helpful video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs

If you have any questions, please ask!

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

sunflowersathome wrote:I'll take section 24, The Princess Maia, if that's ok
Sunflowers,
Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, Sahs claimed this chapter shortly before you did and at this point the project is full. May I encourage you to look through the other forums on Readers Wanted Books (and maybe also Readers Wanted Short Works). We have a lot of other good projects looking for readers these days.

MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks MaryAnn - I'm back on deck now and catching up with all my BC responsibilities!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 21 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 4 is orphaned, PM reminders sent to readers whose claims will be due in the next two weeks.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 14 is orphaned by PM - MaryAnn, should we go back to "Readers Wanted" now that we have two open sections?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for the heads up. Back to Readers Wanted . . .
MaryAnn
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

May I have section 4? Fairer than a Fairy
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for your interest! Take it away!
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

I have two questions.
1. At the end of the story, there is a word that is blotted out, but I looked it up and it looks like 'jksrriages.' There is no pronunciation for that word that i can find. What do I say for that word? It looks like 'carriages' but I just wanted to be sure.
2. On the page with my name and information and readings, why does it not show Old, Old Fairy Tales?
Thanks! :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

pjcsaville wrote:I have two questions.
1. At the end of the story, there is a word that is blotted out, but I looked it up and it looks like 'jksrriages.' There is no pronunciation for that word that i can find. What do I say for that word? It looks like 'carriages' but I just wanted to be sure.
In the context, the word is "marriages" so please say that.
2. On the page with my name and information and readings, why does it not show Old, Old Fairy Tales?
Thanks! :D
I don't know for sure. I suspect there is a lag between the active forum and the relatively static catalogue. I suggest not worrying about it right now - if it still doesn't appear by the time the project is finished and ready for the catalogue (which I think it will) we can ask MaryAnn to look into it.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Patrick,

If you click the "reader" link on your page, this project shows there. I wonder if it doesn't show on the front page until you have submitted a section on the project? Not sure . . . but I think it will correct itself as you get your page in and it is marked PL OK.

MaryAnn
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Ok! Thank you!
I will try to get that story done in the next few days. I believe its about 20 pages. Approximately how long will that take? I don't think it should be more than 40 mins but just in case do you want me to split the story and send you two parts?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

No, please don't split it! The project section numbers rely on everyone having one section each!

I think this story should be about 45min, which is fine. Sections can be up to an hour. Also, please follow the naming convention in the first post, which helps the files sort themselves in order!
Read

Post by Read »

I would like to read Chapter 14 please.

Kristin